Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked: 1

Congrats to Brian B. and the whole team!
    Brian his Dad and his family are the best people you will ever meet, not to mention that guy is FAST. They came down to our home track and spanked us? What is in the water that yall yankees drink? Yall should bottle that stuff and sell it down here, the Red Bull is just not working.
    Hope to see "youz guyz" next year. (did I say that right)? [img]redface.gif[/img]
    SuperTech Engineering inc.
    Mark Hatheway

Liked: 0

Mark Thanks a bunch. Team supertech was hot on our tails and we just managed to edge out the win. Youz guyz down south are a great bunch to race with and I have just as much fun talking and joking in the pits as I do on the track. Racing is soo much more enjoyable when you can do it amongst friends. Thanks to frog and everyone else that stopped by. BTW mark did your in car video work out? If so I would love to buy a copy of the race from you? Thanks again for the great racing.

BB

Liked: 3787

Brian, email me your mailing address. I'll send you a CD full of pictures.

OBTW, my mail server says your posted email address is bogus.

Liked: 3787

I'm going over my notes for the article to be published in Formula Car Magazine

Futrelle set the SCCA lap record for Road Atlanta.
    Probably the second largest FSCCA field this year.
    O'Connell was running 5th or 6th overall when his engine quit and wouldn't restart as the pace car came to a stop during the double yellow.
    Burke showed up with the second largest CFC crew in the nation.
    Hatheway turned a 1:32 in a 20 year old car that has to be on it's 4th log book.
    Steve Robertson won CF in his purple car.
    Justin Pritchard lost a shock cover and made a pit stop during the race.
    Noah Bystrom got bumped and retired after checking out the damage in the pits.
    On Friday Mark Stern put a Crossle so hard into the concrete under the flag stand that the transaxle broke into 3 distint pieces, not to mention how many hundreds of pieces Neil Porter will need to send to Florida. Mark was fine, wallet destroyed.
    Harvey Schmidt and his delightful wife symbolize really fun club racing.
    There sometimes is a reason why they call Frank the Ruptured Duck. Saturday was not his day.
    Three CSRs, ooops I mean ASRs , running nose to tail at the front put on a pretty spectacular show.
    Atlanta Region truly knows how to throw post race parties. Two in one weekend. Friday's even had a live band.
    If Glenn Cooper and Mike Eakin ever part side-by-side on the grid, the grid workers will have to wear serious sunglasses.

Liked: 553

In the article, will you speculate about a different outcome had the race gone full distance? (Afternoon races were shortened due to delays in the morning sessions).

Also, I'm not sure exactly what you'd write, but Scott Woodruff had another eventful weekend. Or maybe it should be called a normal weekend for him? I didn't know if I should be surprised or not to see him rebuilding his engine moments before the green flag, and then to see him driving his race car in the paddock a short time later.

While I'm posting, I guess this would be a good time to thank Team Supertech for letting me drive their car during the test day. We installed my camera in Mark's car and got some good video, including the blinding sun during the late afternoon session. I wonder if we should lobby for an earlier race group next year. We're always last, for some reason. Maybe they thing we're the "feature"? .

I really enjoyed driving the car. Thanks, Mark!
    Racer Russ
    Palm Coast, FL

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information