Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Contributing Member Thomas Copeland's Avatar
    Liked: 165

It was rather sad to see that not a single car in the FC runoff race was from West of the Rocky Mountains (Colorado).

How many of the guys that made it this year to the runoffs were looking at a $5,000-$8,000 tow bill? That's about what it would cost us guys on the Left Coast to make it out to Mid-O. (I'd rather spend that kind of money on a engine rebuild).

Doug you're right about the facilities at Sears being much better than they were. Almost makes Laguna look 3rd world. But the paddock at Sears still frustrates me everytime I go there. Having Brits and race shops nearby is good too.

Yeah Greg, not only have I taken t10 flat out in an F2000 I have gone through it nearly flat side-by-side with other F2000's (at least 3 times during the Zetec Pro weekend). Now if only I can get turn 2 right....and turn 6...turn 4.....turn 8.....turn 11....
    Firman F1000

Greg Mercurio

Thomas: incentive to get the car ready for next year. :~)

South Carolina and wherever the SCCA sends me.
    Liked: 109

Topeka may fit the central location advantage.. but the thought of Indy has me salavating.

Once they let the Ferrari Challenge guys in there.. it seems like it would make a lot of sense to let guys who are (mostly) busting their knuckles to go racing play for a championship there.

Jon K
    www.seat-time.com
    Jon K - 1986 Swift DB3/Honda

Liked: 0

Thomas:

Greg Pizzo and I were hoping to be a lone representative of the West Coast at the Runoffs, but when the engine let go at Road America it pretty much put a damper on that

The Runoffs were an amazing experience... even more so because I had the privilege of placing the gold medal around Brian's neck
    Travis Mason-Bushman
    Pacific F2000 Championship Media Relations
    travis@gpsports-eng.com - (510) 260-6224

Liked: 0

Most of you are on the correct path. Follow the money. We at Buttonwillow Raceway looked at a bid three years ago and stopped adding the required dollars at $385,000. It was silly and I was working with one of the most experienced and accomplished promoters in the country. (Watch for King Tut in your area next year. He is bringing him back.)

We have the current SCCA Runoffs bid package that I have not yet read as we already know how impossible it is. Three years ago the minimum bid to the SCCA was $200,000. I will tell you later of the current requirement.

Due to the huge paddock requirement the only places on the West Coast that are capable are CA Speedway and Buttonwillow as we have 11 acres of paved paddock and double that in level grassy parking area. We have no interest due to the cost and why would CA Speedway be interested when they rent their track for $15,000 per day most days of the year. SCCA could not afford that and CA Speedway could not afford "the cut in pay".

Laguna, Sears, Thunderhill. Portland, PIR, Las Vegas, Seattle and Firebird do not have enough paddock space. They are not even candidates.

Follow the money and it leads to Kansas, probably due to local grant money.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information