Contributing Member
    Liked: 290

Default Runoff Fuel Regs

Have the Fuel Regulations been officially set for the 2010 Runoffs?

Brian

Contributing Member
    Liked: 86

Yes.
    Matt King
    FV19 Citation XTC-41
    CenDiv-Milwaukee
    KEEP THE KINK!

Liked: 77

See the revised Supplemental Instructions, section 9.12: http://www.scca.com/documents/Club_E...%2020th_v2.pdf

Dave

Contributing Member Steve Demeter's Avatar
    Liked: 909

Did the supps really mean to say that other than the 2 Showroom Stock Classes, any class could use any of the available fuels.

Including the 93 octane unleaded that contains ethanol.

I thought that ethanol in the fuel would cause a fail on the fuel test, except in classes where unleaded is required?

I know that further down they say that the fuel must pass the fuel test.

But the wording is potentially confusing

Liked: 72

It is my understanding that they won't be selling anything that won't pass. Some folks have been running the unleaded in vees with some success but some fuel cells will decompose with ethanol.
    The above post is for reference only and your results may vary. This post is not intended to reflect the views and opinions of SCCA and should not be considered an analysis or opinion of the rules written in the GCR. thanks, Brian McCarthy, BOD area 9.

Liked: 77

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Demeter View Post
    Did the supps really mean to say that other than the 2 Showroom Stock Classes, any class could use any of the available fuels.
    Yes. This is consistent with the current fuel rules during the year, except you must use the fuel sold at the track.

I thought that ethanol in the fuel would cause a fail on the fuel test, except in classes where unleaded is required?

The presence of ethanol in EPA-allowed amounts in a street unleaded fuel will not cause a failure of the DC test. The 93UL that will be sold is exactly that: a street fuel with ethanol.

All other fuels (leaded and unleaded) that will be sold are ethanol-free.

Bryan's point about ethanol being potentially damaging to some fuel cells is correct. But, most competitors are aware of this issue. (Clearly, SS, T and other cars that were built to use these fuels will not have this problem.) Finally, on this subject: if you have been purchasing 93UL gasoline at a track that sells Sunoco fuels, you have been using 93UL with ethanol because this is Sunoco's street fuel; Sunoco does not produce a 93UL racing fuel.

Dave

Liked: 3322

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Demeter View Post

The new fuel rules allow up to +15 DC. So most unleadeds will pass. However the Sunoco GT-plus unleaded is +18 or so, so it won't.
    Dave Weitzenhof

Thread Information