Liked: 190

Default The Re-Birth of the Committee Car

In 2002, a small group of FV drivers wanting upgrades to FV pooled their talent, labor and funds to build their idea of a better FV. The car that resulted was the Formula First "Committee Car". That car was tested, raced, crashed, fixed, raced some more, rented, raced, sold, raced some more and was sold to Allan Adderly of "Silver Bullet" FV bodywork fame. Allan took the car and completely re-constructed to utilize his latest creation, the "Silver Bullet" FST body.

Here it was in 2003

And now in 2010

He ran the car for the first time today testing at Sebring.
    Here are his comments on driving the FST for the first time:
    "Am really sold on the Formula First concept. As far as I know this is the first one to run in Florida and a lot of people came by to look. After the usual teething problems was able to quickly get down to times I know my Vee could never achieve. On the first few laps the First car felt more stable and planted right away and the extra power was a real kick."

Not sure of where Allan will race next, but he has stated that his goal is to be dialed in and ready for the ARRC.

I wanted to say thank you to Allan for giving the "Committee Car" a new lease on life.
    Last edited by Bill Bonow; 07.19.10 at 8:59 AM.
    Bill Bonow
    "Wait, which one is the gas pedal again?"

Liked: 0

Looks nice!
    Bob Stack, Hartland, WI
    CenDiv - Milwaukee region

Liked: 151

Default Swan

The committee car was the consummate ugly ducking. It has emerged as a swan.

Nice magic Allan

Contributing Member
    Liked: 5

How is the cooling with the Silver Bullet ducting? Did Allan say what the temperatures were?

RGU asked the same question. Have to figure it was OK as he ran a full day at Sebring yesterday and from what I know of mid-July weather in central Florida, good chance it was HOT. He did have some early issues with the brakes but blamed it on very rusty rotors (see photo above). At the moment, it is wet sump, but Allan is planning to install dry sump. That alone will knock 30 degrees off of the oil temp. I always suggest that any new head ducting system needs to be checked with a head temp gauge.
    Last edited by Bill Bonow; 07.20.10 at 9:35 AM.
    Bill Bonow

Liked: 22

Default Old Soldiers Never Fade Away...

and this one isn't fading away either.

It's good to see and old friend back, Will it still be known as the Committee Car or is it now the Silver Bullet?

I note it has now become a leading are car.

Default Arm Change

Guy,

Allan changed it over to leading arm as it made the new body fitting so much easier. I think a number of components have been changed, but it will remain the committee car for a long while.
    Bill Bonow

Thread Information