Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Contributing Member Curtis Boggs's Avatar
    Liked: 0

I will not be able to make it, .. .. since the first outing
    in the new Van Diemen had a "coming together" with, .. what else, .. a FM.

Hope you guys have fun on my favorite track.

Curtis
    FF #43
    Racing Flow Development
    Simultaneous 5-axis CNC Porting
    http://www.raceflowdevelopment.com

Liked: 5

I wondered what happened to you Curtis. Your car has to be one of the nicest formula cars I have ever seen. You did a great job on it! It even looked good sitting in turn 3 when I passed it lap after lap. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Contributing Member Curtis Boggs's Avatar

Originally posted by Scott Gesford:
    I wondered what happened to you Curtis. Your car has to be one of the nicest formula cars I have ever seen. You did a great job on it! It even looked good sitting in turn 3 when I passed it lap after lap. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
    Thanks, .. but the real nod has to go to Eric Langbein, ...
    he made the new floor pan, .. installed the engine and shimmed the mounts, .. the car is VERY square.

It doesn't look so good anymore, .. my new $1500 paint job is scratched and the glass has cracks, .. but I only bent a few arms in the crash, .. so not so bad.

The best part of the week end, .. it was the first time I tuned on a car, .. .. I had a Kevin Firline doing the Vector last year, .. and he did an awsome job. But with the VD I started to learn stuff, .. rake, .. spring rates, .. tuning bars, .. shocks, .. the car just kept getting faster & faster!!!

I ended up a consistant second + faster then I've ever been at Summit, .. and the car was even better in the race!

For three laps that Mazda blocked, .. chopped, .. everything.
    The first and second place FF's where right infront of him, ..
    and I was REALLY being held up, .. he finally spun it in 3 trying to stay infront of me, .. and I couldn't miss him.

After I calmed down I talked to the Mazda guy, .. let him know he was in the middle of a FF race with two series points at stake, .. the bone head said, .. "racin is racin, .. and we where racin" .. .. I pointed out the I race a FF, .. and he races a FM, .. he just didn't get it.

Curtis
    Racing Flow Development
    Simultaneous 5-axis CNC Porting
    http://www.raceflowdevelopment.com

Not many drivers do
    Peace
    HardRock Motorsport

Liked: 5

Sorry to hear that Curtis. I know the feeling. I never understand guys in other classes messing up your race because they are racing you. Maybe they should choose classes that have some competion for them.

Contributing Member formulasuper's Avatar
    Liked: 61

If any of you guys at VIR are on line please remind Russ of my request.Thanks, [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Scott Woodruff
    83 RT5 Ralt/Scooteria Suzuki Formula S

(former) F440/F5/FF/FC/FA
    65 FFR Cobra Roadster 4.6 DOHC

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information