Liked: 0

Default West Coast FE Series Race 1 & 2

The first rounds of the West Coast 2010 Championship Series were completed April 9-11 at Thunderhill Raceway Park outside of Willows, CA. Here is a link to the report on eformulacarnews.com: www.eformulacarnews.com/news_info.php?n=7018
    Also, here is a link to some in-car video and some trackside clips during the second race which was run in moderate rain, unusual for us West Coasters. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWmps8V0iNU. The in-car video was with one of our new drivers, and also youngest of our group, 19 year old Lloyd Read. He came to FE from karts and this was only his second race and he had a podium finish in 3rd place.

A special thanks to our series sponsors; SCCA Enterprises, Roger Krause Racing Tires, Thunderhill Raceway Park, Bulldog Motorsport and MLC Motorsports.

With many thanks to Al Craighead and eformulacarnews.com for the write up, I am posting the text here to keep it simple for those browsing this site. Please visit their web site.

April 16, 2010 News
    Formula Enterprises: Aleckson Sweeps West Coast Season-Opener

The 2010 Formula Enterprise West Coast Championship contenders took to the track this past weekend (April 10-11), with Rounds One & Two at Thunderhill Raceway Park in California. With over $5,000 in prize money, eight FE competitors showed up for three full days of racing action.
    Perennial Formula Enterprises SCCA National Championships Runoffs contender Brandon Aleckson, dominated the weekend, setting fast time in both qualifying sessions on his way to victory in Rounds One & Two.
    The new series, running in conjunction with the SCCA San Francisco Region, witnessed eight cars take the green flag for the first of three event weekends. Starting from the pole in race one, Aleckson led the field to the stripe ahead of 2009 FE SFR Region Champion Jim Devenport. Entering turn four on the first lap, fifth place racer Archie Snider climbed the back of fourth place Jeffrey Mika, collecting class newcomer Lloyd Read in the process. Unfortunately all three cars were unable to continue following the incident. Despite being stuck in one gear for the final six laps, Aleckson cruised his way to a 17.4 second victory, followed by Devenport and Jeff Read.
    The second qualifying session again witnessed Aleckson setting a blistering lap over the rest of the field. However, Sunday morning the clear skies turned to dark and brought heavy rain hours before the set race time. Leading the field to the green in sopping wet conditions, Aleckson took the lead into turn one and never looked back, cruising to a 1 minute 26 second margin of victory. Second place runner Devenport spun early-on, but was able to recover for a strong second place finish. Starting the race from pit road, Jeff Read was able to battle his way up through the field until a couple of spins late in the race cost him a chance to battle for second with Devenport. The fight for the final podium position came down to the final few laps, as Jeff Read and Lloyd Read exchanged positions multiple times. At the checkered flag, Lloyd Read edged out Jeff Read for his first FE podium finish in only his second ever start in SCCA competition.
    The 2010 FE West Coast Championship Series, which is sponsored by MLC Motorsports, Bulldog Motorsports, SCCA Enterprises, Thunderhill Raceway Park and Roger Krause Racing Tires, has four races remaining, with Rounds Three and Four up next on May 1-2 at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca. The season-finale doubleheader takes place on September 4-5, at Infineon Raceway.
    On-board and race highlights from race two at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWmps8V0iNU

Formula Enterprise West Coast Championship
    Round #1 - Race Results
    April 10, 2010
    Thunderhill Raceway Park - Willows, California
    Pos. Driver Diff. Fast Time
    1. Brandon Aleckson - 1:46.003
    2. Jim Devenport 17.495 1:48.272
    3. Jeff Read 47.562 1:49.116
    4. Chuck Raggio 1:01.4 1:49.514
    5. John Yeatman 1:06.3 1:51.667
    6. Lloyd Read 7 Laps 1:57.948
    7. Jeffrey Mika 16 Laps 2:34.073
    8. Archie Snider 16 Laps 2:31.920

Formula Enterprise West Coast Championship
    Round #2 - Race Results
    April 11, 2010
    Thunderhill Raceway Park - Willows, California
    Pos. Driver Diff. Fast Time
    1. Brandon Aleckson - 2:20.530
    2. Jim Devenport 1:26.434 2:28.567
    3. Lloyd Read 1 Lap 2:29.930
    4. Jeff Read 1 Lap 2:30.950
    5. Jeffrey Mika 1 Lap 2:38.450
    6. John Yeatman 1 Lap 2:27.885
    Last edited by chuckj; 04.20.10 at 1:58 PM. Reason: Removed HTML codes

If anybody knows what the heck I did wrong to get the hypertext or whatever they call it in there please let me know so I don't do it again. Also, if the mods can clean that up I would appreciate it.

As an another question, I used Muvee Maker to edit the video and get it ready for YouTube. It took hours to reformat it and process the changes. My computer is no slouch, so I can't blame it on that. Also, I tried to load the 3+ gig file into Windows Movie Maker and it wouldn't take it. If anybody has a good recommendation for video editing software, particularly shareware, please let me know.

Thanks, Chuck

Liked: 447

It's because it's got HTML formatting embedded in the copied text. Easiest thing to do would be to re-list it by copying the text into Notepad or Wordpad to strip off the formatting, then past it from there into the post.
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29
    Follow me on Twitter @KeithCarter74

Thanks Keith, done!

Liked: 77

Default Rounds 3 & 4

Here is the link to rounds 3 & 4 on eformula car news.

http://www.eformulacarnews.com/news_...3ae44413c397a2
    JR

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most ! "

Thread Information