Liked: 0

I am interested in coming down for the early January Reg.at Sebring and afriend might run the car(84 Van Dieman FF2000)the next weekend at Moroso.I was looking at last years scd.and it looks like they had Reg. and Nationals the same weekend at the same track .Is this correct and are they planning to do it again????I have sent an inquire to the reg.I would also like to know who and how many club FF2000. there might be and would I have to run a spec tire??I live in Ohio and am on Vacation that week.Any Info would be helpful !!!!!
    Thank Lee

Liked: 1

The Jan. 10-11 race is a national on the long course. The Feb 28-29 race is a regional on the short course.
    There is on spec. tire in the SeDiv CFC.
    Come race with us!
    SuperTech Engineering inc.
    Mark Hatheway

Liked: 3787

The January national at Sebring is usually pretty intense. Historically there is a large field of FCs that are nationally competitive.

I only say that because if you are real rusty or off pace you'll feel like you are driving a golfcart in the center of a crowded freeway, which depending on your outlook may not be a vacation.

The weekend I am looking to run would be January 3rd and 4th and I could at the moment run only Regionals But Hope to be back up to speed by spring.It would be my first time in the car in a race so I would not want to run a National and getin (piss someone OFF) someones way.Just looking for some FUN IN THE SUN !!!AND COME DOWN AND MEET SOME OF YOU GUYS !!
    Lee

Contributing Member
    Liked: 863

I think the dates are 10-11th and 17-18th. If they're not, somebody please shout now before we make air reservations!

The regional designation at Sebring that weekend is a restricted IT enduro, if I remember correctly.

What you should also know is there are 2 days of testing before each event, which could give you a ton of track time even if you decide not to run the races( its really not that bad, anyhow- the tracks are long and the racing is good). And, its all a whole lot of fun to be away from the snow, etc, etc.
    ----------
    In memory of Joe Stimola and Glenn Phillips

Those are the weekend dates but I was hopeing for the weekend before!!! they are going to be a week later this year than last?? Last years the SCCA. site had Sebring the first weekend in January and Moroso the second weekend,,I take it from your replies that it seems they have moved them away from the holidays one week more??
    Lee ps.My friend is going to be running a SSC Civic I was looking at running my FF2000.
    I might have to wait for the roebling Rd. double Reg.in April if they have it.I really wanted to run earlier ,I might have my S2000 done by then .

Liked: 14

Bob go ahead and buy the plane tickets those are the proper dates. 1/8-11 at sebring and the next week at Moroso.

See ya there
    Kevin firlein
    Kevin Firlein Autosport,Inc.
    Runoffs 1 Gold 3 Silver 3 bronze, 8 Divisional , 6 Regional Champs , 3x Drivers of the year awards

Lee,
    I believe they April date at Savannah is the double SARRC. That is also an intense weekend. It is the championship track and has been (unless formula/sports and vintage weekend again next year)is the only time we get to run it on a non national date. And the test day before can be even more intense due to lots of traffic.

John

Lee,
    How many things do you have going on? An S2 in the works also? Fill me in, on-line or off.

Thanks for use of the Gator at Runoffs.

Chris
    ck-r

Liked: 608

if you want to read what i just read...go to the CFRSCCA.org site, click on the SEDIV link, go to the proposed 2004 schedule...it shows the Sebring National to be jan 10,11 and then there's the test days too, then the following weekend jan 17,18 it lists the Moroso National as having a regional night enduro.....so my guess is there's no IT cars at Sebring this year but rather at Moroso. you'll love the Sebring long course and cuss the Moroso chicane

Chris
    I have an 84 Van Dieman and an 85 Tiga with only 9 races in It's Log Book!!!! I bought Both Wrecked and have fixed them.The Tige does not even have any record of damage in it's log book!!
    This car (Tiga) has run both Sebring (4times)and Moroso (2times)out of the 9 enties that it has ever run!!all in 1987 .Most of the Florida entries say Tom or Tommy Johnson both written in the same hand writting it looks like.Ron Mong (Elite Fab)in Columbus,Ohio did the Tigas repairs ,Walt Preston did the Van Dieman repairs .
    They have both been loooooonnnnnnnnggggggg projects!!!!! I was hopeing to Bring My Tiga to Sebring but they have moved the that date away from where it was last years and I will not be able to make it.I do hope we can Have Roger Schroer's(SSC)Honda Civic ready for him to drive at both the Sebring race and Moroso.
    Lee

Liked: 19

Originally posted by EYERACE:
    you'll love the Sebring long course and cuss the Moroso chicane
    I went to Moroso for the first and last time - this year.... Its a nice track if your the only car out there - but man, what a hole!
    West Palm is nice....
    There are some great places to play pool!!

Liked: 3787

I have lived in Florida all my life. I raced a K Stock Automatic '57 Plymouth at Moroso in 1967. That's the last time I plan on racing there.

Contributing Member

Matt,
    You better come down. You owe me a re-match
    Sctatch

Contributing Member
    Liked: 863

Matt: Are you up for a re-match at pool? And can we order hotter wings this year? [img]graemlins/skull.gif[/img]
    ----------
    In memory of Joe Stimola and Glenn Phillips

Thread Information