Liked: 45

Default Trans Selector Barrel Pin

In the course of inspecting the transmission on my FE today, I found a small metal pin in the bottom of the case. I originally thought it was a needle from a needle bearing, but ruled that out pretty quickly as the pin was clearly not ground and one end looked like it had snapped off a longer pin.

After further investigation, I think it came from the front end of the selector barrel. On the front of the selector barrel is machined end-cap, that fits into a ball bearing mounted into the transmission case. There seems to be a pin that holds this end-cap in place, and it looks like a chunk of that pin snapped and then fell out of the selector barrel. The rest of the pin is still in the selector barrel.

The end-cap is a bit loose, and wobbles in place.

Has anyone seen this problem before? I'm not sure of the replacement part number - the end-cap and this pin doesn't appear in the Elite manual.

Should the end-cap be a little loose? Or does it need to be tight?

Thanks
    Jon
    Last edited by jcorsico; 02.29.16 at 7:30 PM.

Liked: 8

Jon, I can't answer your questions directly. I would talk to Kevin or Chuck at Comprent Motorsports. Peter

Thread Information