Liked: 0

any thoughts on companies that can transport Formula cars at a reasonable cost?
    thanks
    sd

Contributing Member
    Liked: 28

I have used Intercity, east coast to west... Good people and used to race cars...It was a few years ago and I think it was something like $1300 in an enclosed transporter....
    Jerry Burr

Thanks,
    got a quote from them from IL to LA . FF 8wheels/tires and 3 tubs o spares.
    1924.00 door to door.
    sd

We had a very good experience with Thomas Sunday (see Hemmings) in transporting a S2000 from PA to San Jose, CA. They are experienced with SCCA race cars and did a door to door delivery without any glitches. Good communication. Very professional and reasonable rates.

Ken Richter

Contributing Member D.T. Benner's Avatar
    Liked: 2

Not sure who just delivered a car to Doug Brenner in Northern California but i would not recommend them. He said the hauler used ramps and scraped up the bottom of his Vandiemen. Also the guy called and told him he had to drive a long way to meet the hauler as his rig was to long to get to Dougs town without making a trip out of "his" way. [img]graemlins/skull.gif[/img] I used Intercity Lines to bring a car from Florida to California and they were great in every way. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Contributing Member Garey Guzman's Avatar
    Liked: 858

I got my DB-1 from WI late in 2001 and Year Round transported it, dropped it off where I was at the time, for $1200.
    (800) 784-7951

Family owned business. Very nice rig brought my car here safely and the driver let me take tons of pictures while he did all the work.
    Garey Guzman
    FF #4 (Former Cal Club member, current Atlanta Region member)
    https://redroadracing.com/ (includes Zink and Citation Registry)
    https://www.thekentlives.com/ (includes information on the FF Kent engine, chassis and history)

Liked: 79

Can anybody recommend a transport service to bring a car from IL, Cleveland, OH, or Long Island, NY to Florida?

[size="1"][ August 03, 2004, 10:43 PM: Message edited by: Bob Coury ][/size]

Liked: 605

a moment ago couldn't fine their ad in SportsCar, so here's their local number - i know they've got a toll free - maybe you can find their ad in an issue of SportsCar laying around - Exotic Car Transport out of Ocoee Florida which is just to the west side of Orlando - have nothing but nice things to say about how they delivered an FC right to my door for a very competitive price - enclosed trailer - the only price i found better would have been open air on a flat bed 407 654 9949 - theri drivers seem to always be out there on the road somewhere and with a simple cell phone call the route gets altered for your sake. monies can be exchanged through them by fed ex to whatever truck stop they know is a long the way to pay sellers.

imported_Ian7

Never tried sending a formula car, but Passport Transport did a GREAT job for us with a vintage Beetle cross country. Picked it up the NEXT DAY (!) and had it there in 6 days.

Liked: 78

Depending on the cities, I could handle it for you. I have been told that my prices are pretty low, but that is because I am not really doing it for the money. I just cover my cost, kinda' a racer to racer thing for me. But I have moved many cars around the country for members of this board. Could send references upon request.

Joe
    708-652-6700 Ext 221
    jtovo@dnjtransportation.com

Thread Information