Thread: head bolsters

Liked: 0

Default head bolsters

I would like to run the head bolsters on the FE car. I have herd that this can become a problem with the Hans . What is the best way to make this work. Does anybody make a aftermarket system for the FE car.
    Second questions is
    which Hans is correct to get for the FE car.

Liked: 29

i use a 30deg HANS. 5'11", 200 lbs, stock seat, and i fit inside the bolsters

Liked: 4

I use a HANS-40. I'm 6'1", 195lbs, use the stock seat, and the only problem I have w/ the bolsters is keeping them from falling off the car.
    #45 FE - Personal twitter: @AOERacing
    RaceTimer+ and business twitter:@Epipiphero

Liked: 0

Do you have the stock head rest in the car.

Liked: 29

yes. i have to put something behind my shoulders, otherwise the headrest pushes my head forward and i cannot see what is in front of me.

others take the stock headrest out and put something else that is not as thick on. there is a minimum thickness required, check the GCR. bolsters are not required, but they help keep you head from getting tossed around so much, and with the hans and limiterd visibility anyway, not being able to turn sideways does not matter.

Liked: 14

5'9" 180lbs, with Hans 40, custom poured seat, stock head rest and bolsters...no problems.
    Andrew M. Cross, Jr.

Thread Information