Thread: 2004 ARRC

Liked: 0

Well its almost time.
    Lets start the roll call for the ARRC. There has been some talk of 2 more yankees from the north making the journey to atlanta this year??? Whats the scoop down south??

BB

Contributing Member formulasuper's Avatar
    Liked: 61

The Southern guys are all getting ready for the SARRC Invitational Challenge this weekend at Roebling Road, but the ARRC will be next on the list for us regional only racers. Myself, well I have an engine to build for the Ralt FS and a week in Hawaii before the ARRC, plus this weekend, so I will be a busy boy.
    Scott Woodruff
    83 RT5 Ralt/Scooteria Suzuki Formula S

(former) F440/F5/FF/FC/FA
    65 FFR Cobra Roadster 4.6 DOHC

Liked: 3787

I'll do the hawaiian trip for you so you can stay home and work on the car.

Gee Frog, you are always so-o-o-o-o-o helpful!
    Scott Woodruff

Thanks for the kind words mark but word on the street is that Team Supertech has picked up the times this year so burkemotorsports will have its work cut out. What were the times from Atlanta regional races this year??

BB

Liked: 1

OK Brian,now its time to ARRC race!!!
    We will be there but with the pace you set last year the Supertech pot better get on the stove right now.
    I don't know how you came to our home track and laid down the time you did the last 2 years,but we will work on our car and driver to try and match yall this year.
    P.S bring all your friends as long as they don't go as fast as you? [img]redface.gif[/img]
    SuperTech Engineering inc.
    Mark Hatheway

Well [img]redface.gif[/img] I know this will get your hopes up But all we could muster this year was a mid 35 It was hard to understand after we did 32's last fall?
    But I'm sure the driver had alot to do with those 35's.
    Hopeing to get back down in the 32's with stickers,a titght sub belt and 10 Red Bull's??
    See Ya Soon Mark
    Mark Hatheway

Registration is now open you can register at www.arrc-online.com. Come'on all you Cend Div and NE Div CFC's Lets go to Atlanta. This is the Regional guys version of the Runnoffs. Its a great event with contingency sponsorships, a great BBQ and a spectacular track. Plus... those southern hillbillys like Frog, Hathaway, Ritter are a great bunch to race against. !! [img]smile.gif[/img] I'm in!

Now Brian, I know YALL will find this shocking,But I was born in Columbus OH and back then (1973)we called folks from WV hillbillys.
    But when my dad (from Canton OH)uprooted us and eased us down here we slowly became "Rednecks" not hillbillys! There is a difference! What it is I don't know but there is? Can't we just all get along? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
    P.S I even have lived in MI. for 6 yrs. of my life but that snow stuff was getting in the way of my racing so I made dad move us down here so I could go racin bigtime. It all worked out and he even found a good job here to boot.
    But enough about ME. [img]redface.gif[/img]
    Mark Hatheway

Mark is correct, no hillbillys in Georgia, just a bunch of "damn yankees". That's us northerners that moved down and stayed. Hard to find a true southern in Marietta. But hey, the weather is great and the racing season is long, December being the only month we don't race, but everyone needs a little break. I myself return to Minnesota (Hackensack) every winter to do a little ice racing. Good practice for rain racing. Check it out at www.iceracers.com
    As for the ARRC, it seems to get bigger and better every year. The FSCCA guys are planning a big get together and the open wheel and sports racer group gets bigger each year.
    Ya'll come on down and join in the fun to see who's the best "regional only" racers in the country.
    Scott Woodruff

Liked: 553

From our insider:

ASR - McBreen (Radical)
    CC - Hatheway, Schmidt
    CF - Hammette, Robertson
    FS - Woodruff, McBride, Cooper (FM)
    FSC - Grant, Bystrom, Cruz, Allen

I'm sure the list will grow. I wouldn't be surprised to see a lot of FSCCA cars. They've got some good contingency prizes.

I've entered in FS, but it's looking less likely that I'll race my Ralt. There is enough time to do my engine repair, but I'm lacking in ambition and money. I hate thrashing for a race. It rarely works out, for me, based on past experience. Other people (with similar avitars), seem to thrive on it.
    Racer Russ
    Palm Coast, FL

Thread Information