Liked: 11

I've been told in the Northeast all cars from 96 back are CFC.... is that true? What is the cut-off date in your region?
    Sean O'Connell
    1996 RF96 FC
    1996 RF96 FB
    2004 Mygale SJ04 Zetec

Liked: 0

In the Rocky Mountain Division the cut off is 1993 and older.

Dave
    89 Reynard
    2003 RMD CFC Champion

Contributing Member
    Liked: 1

In the Central Division it is 1990 and older. I do think that making it 1996 and older is a good idea.

Dave Rock
    #44 CFC
    1990 Reynard

Liked: 96

As far as I know, the Northeast does not yet have CFC. My friend runs a 95 in FC. I believe there was a petition going around to start CFC in the NE. I do not know the status of that petition.
    "I love the smell of race fuel in the morning. It smells like victory!"
    Barry Wilcock
    Pit Crew: Tumenas Motorsports/Houndspeed, Fat Boy Racing

Contributing Member Garey Guzman's Avatar
    Liked: 858

In Cal Club, CFC is for cars homologated in 1990 and before. Cars may be updated up to 1990 specs. They also use Goodyear R600 as a spec tire.
    Garey Guzman
    FF #4 (Former Cal Club member, current Atlanta Region member)
    https://redroadracing.com/ (includes Zink and Citation Registry)
    https://www.thekentlives.com/ (includes information on the FF Kent engine, chassis and history)

Contributing Member
    Liked: 8

CFC would be a regional-only class. Therefore, each region (not division) could have its own rule affecting car eligibility as well as other rules (tires, etc,).

We have been through this in NEDIV, where there is a lack of standardization for CF rules.

Larry Oliver
    International Racing Products
    Larry Oliver

Sean, it's '90 and older here in the SEDiv. I think the idea was that once rockers went from outboard to inboard that would make a big enough difference to draw a line. There are some exceptions, of coarse, otherwise it would not be the SCCA.
    Tom Sprecher
    ATL Region Treasurer

Sean,

According to a recent post, while the NeDiv has not approved a CFC class, NARRC has approved a CFC class on a trial basis for 1995 and older cars. You can find that post somewhere on this board.
    "Is this Heaven?"<br />"No. Its Indy."

Classifieds Super License Rick Iverson's Avatar
    Liked: 649

Fellas;

I suspect a modicum of regional standardization might be in order.

What this is really all about is competitive equity with regards to the '90 and older cars as opposed to the early to mid '90 cars that are no longer competitive with the new stuff. The question that begs to be asked is this: can an older car with outboard rockers et al in the hands of a national driver in the 95th percentile, put it to a ’96 car driven by a competent regional driver?

As I understand it, the 05VD will be monocoque. Now we will yet another FC class: CFC &gt;90; faster FC 91-97; still fast yet FC 98-03; and suck the paint off you car when they pass 04-05.

A poll to sample the field might be a thought.

Iverson
    V/r

Iverson

Liked: 553

(jump starting an old thread).

SEDiv/SARRC related question, maybe interesting to others:

Would it be a good idea to change the CFC eligibility rules, with the reasoning being that when a car was homologated doesn't directly relate to its potential?

The reason I'm asking is because a good friend of mine has a 1980's Reynard that wasn't homologated in the 1980's. It's sitting in his garage, unraced by him thus far. If he were to want to run in southeast SCCA regionals, he'd have to run in FC.

I've searched the archives in this web site and seen plenty of discussion regarding this topic, including statements that the racers in the southeast would not have any problem with this particular car running in CFC. Therefore, why not instigate a change and make it more fair?

I'm pretty sure that a few of you know me and can easily guess who I'm talking about. Please let me state for the public record that I am NOT trying to convince a fast driver from continuing his goal of the 2004 SARRC championship in the Formula Super class. Honest! .
    Racer Russ
    Palm Coast, FL

Contributing Member formulasuper's Avatar
    Liked: 61

Man, you will do just about anything to get one of these SARRC Champion jackets!
    Ya, my 85 Reynard was rehomologated in 92, because the rear suspension was converted back to a rocker type, I guess. Still has push-rod front suspension. So, by SEDIV regional rules which state 90 homologation or older I believe, it is not eligible for CFC. That's okay, I'll just have to remove the brake pedal and run FC.
    Actually, I got a good feeling about the 2.1 VW Friday before the silence fell and will be putting another one together asap. Also, preping the Reynard for CMP to shakedown for sale, and to stay in practice.
    Scott Woodruff
    83 RT5 Ralt/Scooteria Suzuki Formula S

(former) F440/F5/FF/FC/FA
    65 FFR Cobra Roadster 4.6 DOHC

Liked: 553

You're right. I'm shooting for a SARRC jacket, but I want you to have a good season, too.

I still think an '85 Reynard should be eligible for CFC (unless it's modified in some way to be too good for CFC), but since I don't have a FF2000 race car, I should probably bow out of this discussion anyway.
    Racer Russ
    Palm Coast, FL

Do you have the original old homologation papers or do you have to turn them in when re-homologated? perhaps you could put the suspension back to meet the homologation papers of the older config, then come play in CFC???

Russ: I can give you the phone number of someone who can do embroidery on jackets & hats, then you could have a temporary jacket to wear until you win one for real.... (just kidding)

Contributing Member formulasuper's Avatar
    Liked: 61

Ya, the papers are sent in when you rehomologate, done before I got the car. Don't have the original suspension and don't want it from what I hear.
    Scott Woodruff
    83 RT5 Ralt/Scooteria Suzuki Formula S

(former) F440/F5/FF/FC/FA
    65 FFR Cobra Roadster 4.6 DOHC

Thread Information