Liked: 190

Default Another New/Old FST for 2010

Here is a shot of 16 year old Reece Everard of Michigan testing at Waterford. Reece will be joining the US Formula First Regional Championship Series in 2010 with an Australian built Jacer chassis which was built in 2002 by Jacer as a Formula First, later converted over to Canadian FV 1200 specs, raced by Guy Bellingham (who won the FV1200 championship in '07?) and now converted back to US Formula First specs.

We are all looking forward to welcoming a new SCCA member and driver into the US FST Series

Photo by Dad, Steve Everard.
    Bill Bonow
    "Wait, which one is the gas pedal again?"

Liked: 0

Default Can't wait!

The car really looks great and can't wait to see it on track with Reese at the wheel, hopefully at Grattan next year. I'd say Id buy him a beer but I don't think he's of age . His dad is always welcome to come join us though .
    Carl Middelegge
    2007 Evolution MK 1.3 FST

Liked: 39

Bill
    Reece's Jacer looks terrific, and its great to see it back on the track, even if its so far away from its real home (Australia!).
    The bullet-shaped nose on it was made to meet FV1200 specs, but I think the standard Jacer nose would add to the looks and aero of the car, so maybe Jim can make up a Jacer nose for it?
    Ray

Here, Here

Contributing Member steve everard's Avatar
    Liked: 11

Default Did somebody say beer !!!

Looking foward to next years racing and yes it will have a nose job..........

Thanks to all involved with getting the car together and especially Jim at SR for the hours of questioning I have (and will) put him through.

The support for formula first has been exceptional and my son and I are already promoting the class with others.

If anyone can show me how to cool this car without the cans I would be very gratefull. Looks like down under thats what you do.

Cheers

Steve

Steve,

Not sure what your calling "cans", but here is the other Jacer just before and at its first outing at Grattan.

Bill Bonow

Contributing Member steve everard's Avatar
    Liked: 11

Default cans/air scoops

Thanks for the photos, I should clarify that when I say cans I am refering to the air scoops that I would think create much drag. The Jacers I have seen don't have these and I guess somehow pull air from underneath.

Steve

Default Big Cans

Steve,

That's sorta what I thought you ment, but wasn't sure.

The Jacer is designed around the Australian rules which mandates use of the original fan. When I assembled the above shown Jacer, I just wanted to get it completed and on the track, so I built it as designed, using a fan. It kills power, but the "cans" are gone.

Here is a you tube link to a Jacer racing at Mt Panarama (Bathurst) last year (no cans)

Part 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohpPs...eature=related

Part 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O076_...eature=related
    Bill Bonow

Contributing Member
    Liked: 481

Those guys are nuts!

And how long do those engines last - wound out for that long?

ChrisZ
    Last edited by FVRacer21; 10.03.09 at 10:31 PM. Reason: speelinng <grin>

Chris,

Carl just took his Championship winning FST engine down after 25 hours, looked like brand new.

Here is a link to a whole bunch of videos of New Zealand Formula First crazies

http://www.formulafirst.co.nz/clips.asp
    Bill Bonow

Liked: 151

The “cans” may be ugly but they work. Noah Smith runs them and all things being equal he is as fast as anyone. I would run them to start and get a cyl head temp baseline. After that you can decide what to do. I am posting a picture of what Greg Schings did for Jacer scoops. Those seemed to be just fine. If Win Smith still reads these posts he could provide an update.

I do still read the posts on here. We still make the center section for the scoops in Greg's picture. We came up with a simple aluminum duct work to further move the air were it needed to go. We also make the pointy nose. If you are interested in making any changes call Jim or Greg at SR as all the stuff we make for Firsts goes through them. Visit our website at www.winsmithracing.com. Good luck as we really enjoyed running the Firsts and it is a great group to race with.

Win

Thread Information