Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Liked: 0

I think the strength argument doesn't really have legs. SRF engines are fundamentally similar to the Fit (i.e., a bog-stock production motor with output roughly that of the street application) and those engines DO last significantly longer than the FF numbers I've heard.

So it's possible the Fit engine has some flaw,that Honda isn't aware of. It's also possible that an asteroid will slam into the Earth tomorrow morning and make this entire thread a moot issue

Steve

Liked: 309

Quote Originally Posted by gord leach View Post
    Every BD motor I've owned or seen has had a steel crank and rods, I would not trust the kent bits above 7k for any extended period.
    Moreover, they are rebuilt every 10-12 hours of use.
    Stan Clayton
    Stohr Cars

Contributing Member ric baribeault's Avatar
    Liked: 261

Default engines, tires, and other crap

Tires:
    i had to $6500 on a full rebuild the week before the 40th. if i was running a chassis worthy of the motor i would have to put at least 1.5 sets per weekend to be competitive. at only 6 weekends it's a no-brainer to see my tire bill exceeds my engine bill. this is even more relevant as that tire bill excludes testing, and my engine rebuilds averaged $3500 prior to that. mike and i both started in rcca so we truly appreciate and understand the value of a spec tire, in all it's facets.

Engine:
    i think tom said it perfectly as far as how the Fit fits. so no reason for me to blah, blah, blah,.....except from the horses mouth you can plan on at least 30 weekends with no drop off in performance and about $2500 to swap in similar fashion to the zetec. it's performance numbers should be in line with a decent kent but a tad below the best.

Jay's letter isn't too far fetched. My 30++ hour Ivey Kent powered us to 4th at the Runoffs this year. I had no problem with power compared to freshly rebuilt motors. The forged pistons have helped tremendously. We had Jay freshen the head just before the Runoffs and it wasn't too bad.

Banned
    Liked: 1116

Quote Originally Posted by dlivingston82 View Post
    My 30++ hour Ivey Kent powered us to 4th at the Runoffs this year<snip>We had Jay freshen the head just before the Runoffs and it wasn't too bad.
    That's not a 30++hour Kent in my book.

Default The Human Beings power of self deception is not found anywhere else in nature.

Deleted because I got so pissed at myself.
    Last edited by Bill Steele; 09.30.09 at 4:40 AM. Reason: It's all just too nutty.

Liked: 1417

Ok, I think we're losing sight of "reasonable discussion" on both sides of the table.

We're done with this one.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information