Thread: Photo Limit ?

Liked: 3787

Default Photo Limit ?

Doug,

You have a PM. I was trying to post photos of the FC Runoffs contenders and was blocked by the site. It keeps saying I've exceded my limit by 150MB... or so. I spent the last few hours deleting pictures out of old posts. now after deleting over 250 pictures, the site still won't let me post even one picture.

Help.

Liked: 142

try photobucket.com or flikr.com then you can just paste in links or IMG tags into your posts.
    Awww, come on guys, it's so simple. Maybe you need a refresher course. Hey! It's all ball bearings nowadays.

Liked: 210

Frog,

Go in to YOUR user Control Panel. Look at the column on the left. Go to bottom. You'll see a button "ATTACHMENTS".. Click it.

Then at the bottom of the large right hand window you will see another control called "VIEW THUMBNAILS".. Click it.

Now you can see ALL attachments you have on the Forum and can quickly decide what to erase. NORMAL people are allocated 2 Gigs of pictures and images. BUT YOU should ask Keith or Doug for a special allocation of 2wice that much
    CREW for Jeff 89 Reynard or Flag & Comm.

Liked: 1417

I was replying to your PM, Mike, but I figured this would be better for all to see.

The attachments here are limited by usergroup:
    Members: 5 megs (previously 2 megs)
    Contributing Members: 10 megs
    Business Classified Subscribers: 10 megs
    Forum Advertisers: 20 megs
    Somehow, Mike's account (and a few others) had some grandfathered settings from the original forums, and there were mistakenly no file total limits. This allowed you to have over 1,000 images posted, at over 150 megs total. For reference, the next closest uploaded image total on the boards is me with 233 images total.

When you signed up for the Business Classified Subscription for the posters, it assigned current BC image permissions to you, and you were in the red. Mike, the space you are still over is more than 89 megs of space, for either a Contributing Member or a Business Classified usergroup!

At this point, we have over 9,500 registered members and over 2,300 active members that we have to keep some server space allotted for, so we can't really open the dam up for more image upload space at this time. At a certain point, all members should seek hosting for their photos at one of the many photo hosting websites, or use their own web server space for hosting images, then link to them remotely from the forums.

For now, some house-cleaning will be in order for those handful of users who were grossly over the normal space limits. Follow Rick's directions above for manually deleting old attachments from your post history.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

doug

Liked: 3787

Thanks Doug!

I went out and deleted over 950 images.
    Last edited by Purple Frog; 09.07.09 at 10:15 PM.

Liked: 1886

Mike:

Try saving the pictures at a much lower resolution, and then posting those - even 150 megs ain't much when it comes to high resolution pictures!

Liked: 447

Get the image resizer power toy for Windows XP HERE. Just right click on an image and resize it to a more forum friendly size.
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29
    Follow me on Twitter @KeithCarter74

Thread Information