Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 10

Default Gearbox question

Does anyone have the dimension of the shaft centerline locations for MK5 Hewland, or have a link to a drawing which shows the center to center dimension?

Also, what is the fit of the bearings in the bearing carrier supposed to be? According to my Hewland Manual, this is a shrink fit, where the plate/casting is heated and the bearings are pressed out. Can someone confirm that this is the case and that the fit of these bearings is indeed a shrink fit, to standard shrink fit procedure?

Please don't hesitate to give me a call if you can clear this up for me.

Guil

413-553-3629(H)
    gt596s2@yahoo.com

Liked: 79

www.hewland.com has downloads of all the case drawings that they have ever produced, download the mk9 drawing and the dimension you want will be on there, I should know it but for the life of me I can not remember it right now!

Also, the bearings in the carrier should be a shrink fit, warm up the casting with a torch and drop them in. If you have any questions feel free to give either me or Paul a call on 858 220 0927.

Lee Williams
    Williams Racing Developments
    www.willrace.com
    Williams Racing Developments Inc
    704 658 0940 www.willrace.com

WE HAVE MOVED...... 503 Performance Road, Mooresville, NC, 28115

Thread Information