Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 492

Default Paddock Parking for the 40th

During last nights organizing committee conference call the major topic of discussion was paddock parking, specifically rig sizes, including awnings.
    Having done my share of paddock load ins, as have Mike Engleke and the Milwaukee Region, we all recognize the fact that as rigs and support equipment, eg motorhomes, grow bigger that some plan before opening the gates to a land rush is needed.
    While a late arriving 20' tag behind a Suburban isn't all that hard to find space for, when a 52' tractor trailer loaded with 6 FF's arrives you better have a spot in mind that is ready and accesible.
    So, that understood, we are asking folks to let us know, in this forum, what we can expect as far as big rigs are concerned.
    For instance, Neil Porter has ordered a tent from the track and faxed us a layout to include his rig as well as several of his customers rigs to be placed around the tent for access. That is just an example of what we are looking for.
    Anything larger than a tag trailer, even a 30' goosneck/fifth wheel needs to be listed.
    Unlike the June Sprints, neither we nor the region have the personel or the resources to assign parking for a fee, but we do want some idea of what to expect.
    In a conversation with George Bruggenthies, President of Road America, he allowed as how he believes we will be able to begin our paddock load in sometime early afternoon on Wednesday July 22.
    Early afternoon on Wednesday means if you get there at 8am you will not get in any earlier and you will simple cause traffic problems and congestion and general irritation to the track and the organizers.
    Please plan your arrival for the afternoon of Wednesday July 22.
    And please answer in this thread if you are bringing a large rig or are part of a group effort combining cars in a large rig.
    Street cars are not a priority unless it is your tow vehicle. Motorhomes towing race cars will be accomodated but stand alone motorhomes may, that's MAY, not be able to be parked next to the tow rig. Near by, but maybe not next to.
    There is limited paved paddock and the Region has allowed as how the North Paddock, the area both drivers left and right after entering the track after emerging from the tunnel and up to the base of the hill just below the brat stand, while not exactly reserved for 40th entrants, is certainly a prime location for us.
    Steve Beeler and I are planning on being in the North Paddock and the Saturday Party is planned for the North Paddock, either a tent or a building, and really the North Paddock will be FF Central for the duration.
    We recognize there are Road America regulars who want their own usual spot and that's fine, we don't want to make anyone park someplece if they'd rather be somewhere else, but given the size of the entry and all the other participants in the Cat National, we need to be realistic.
    The more information we have the better we can be prepared and make the load in process as painless as possible.
    Thanks for taking the time to respond to our request, 7 weeks and counting !

I plan to be there with a 70' rig and a 20 X 36 awning, with 4 cars.
    Last edited by Roland V. Johnson; 06.09.09 at 1:20 PM.
    Roland Johnson
    San Diego, Ca

Liked: 2

Default Rig

Mike,
    My rig is a 36' RV with a 24' tag trailer. Total length is 65'. Beavertail tailgate adds another 10'. It has an awning, driver's right, that extends about 12' out from the RV. Trailer has a similar, slightly smaller awning.

The RV will be my home for the week so I hope I can keep the 2 connected.

Thanks,
    See you there.
    Mike

Contributing Member
    Liked: 303

Default RV & Trailer

Mike, same set up as Mike's above just a little shorter, 29' RV with 20' trailer. 10' x 20' tent will be set up along side the trailer. But then you know what it looks like.

Ed Callo

Liked: 57

Default Paddock Parking

Mike-

K-Hill Motorsports with be there with a 78-1/2' trailer with 6 cars. Our awining is 26' x 48'. Our second rig with have 2 cars. That will be a Freightliner with 48' trailer.

Kris Kaiser - K-Hill Motorsports

Liked: 13

Default Motor home and trailer

Thanks for thinking ahead! All your organizing efforts are very appreciated! Teamswanson will be bringing a 34ft. motor home towing a 20 ft cargo trailer. We are holding 2 sites at Plymouth Rock campground just in case we need a plan "B", or someone else does! Shake down at Sebring this weekend, then prep for the trip to RA.
    Jon Swanson
    FF #43 CFR
    Swanson Production Partners
    407.948.0689 Cell

Liked: 4

Liberty Motorsports will have two rigs. One is approximately 75' with a 24' awning and the other is approximately 65' with a 16' awning. We will be bringing 11 cars between FF, FC, S2 and FA

We would ideally like to have three spots along the front straight.

Liked: 72

....and their stepchild with a 36' RV with 24" tag trailer. Asphalt, power and room service please.

Liked: 99

Default 40th Parking

Mike- I have a 75 ft. rig with 4 cars coming. Mike Sauce

Contributing Member
    Liked: 0

Default Rig

Mike,

Leslie Racing will be bringing our rig with 5 cars + 2 dogs w/ Vietnam Vet K-9 Scout Dog Handler/Truck Driver.

Tractor Trailer - 75'
    Awning - 30' x 70'

Rich Leslie Jr.

Contributing Member bryancohnracing's Avatar
    Liked: 16

Default Not so big a rig

Chevy Pickup and 30 ft tag with a 20 x 20 ft awning.
    2 cars for Mark Blythe and Bryan Cohn.

Bryan
    Bryan Cohn
    bryancohnracing@yahoo.com
    417-540-2595 text

Fallen Friend

Default Parking

2 cars (2009 Pipers)
    36' Gooseneck. 20' x 40' worth of awning
    Ron Chisholm
    Cypress Lane Racing

Default Parking

I will be bringing 5 car's 1 from CA, 1 from Portland, and 3 from Seattle. The Rig with awning is 70'X24 if we can be on the end of a row so we can come and go from the 70' side otherwise 70'X32' will work.

Thanks Stan

PS will you be letting us know of a Plan or is this Oklahoma again.
    Stan Townes

Hi Stan,
    Great to see you are gonna be there, and the intent is to prevent an Oklahoma re-enactment.
    Thanks for the heads up, I think we can accomodate you, and look forward to July.
    Mike Rand

Default Paddock parking

We will be bringing a 26' enclosed trailer with 1 car. we normally use 2 ea 10x10 EZ ups as our paddock space beside our trailer. Basically 18x26. we are also bringing a 31 ft 5th wheel trailer to stay in. we would LIKE to park the 5th wheel beside our paddock space IF possible, but understand the perdiciment (Ive been paddock marshal before and still have the scars LOL). 2 chevy crew cabs will be towing this lot.

hope this helps

Will Electric power be available in the paddock or wherever we need to park the camper. It would be great to leave the Generators at home!!

thnx

Jerry Lampkin

Contributing Member

Default KIC to Cat parking

For all of you who are going to attend the KIC vintage race the week before the CAT/40th FF race, you can park your trailers at RA for that week in between those events.

After you register for the KIC, go to the new RA Admin Building (directly east of registration) and ask for Jules. She will have a form to fill out and let you know that the parking is South of the Briggs & Stratton tunnel.

Otherwise, for the CAT/40th FF event, I will be your contact point and help with your parking.

Milwaukee Region is thrilled that all of you are coming; we hope that you have a great time. If you have any questions that haven't been answered yet, please contact me at Lola540@hotmail.com

Jim Roemer
    Regional Executive
    Milwaukee Region SCCA

Contributing Member Michial Shumate's Avatar
    Liked: 1

Default Parking

Northwest Group;

Freightliner Tractor/Trailer Combos 68ft overall with 45X22 awnings. 4 Cars from Washington State.

Crew Cab/trailer 2 cars Idaho.
    Larry Bangert, Archie Hodge, Sherm Johnson, Rodney Jessen, Michial Shumate

ready to travel,
    Michial Shumate

Classifieds Super License John Robinson II's Avatar
    Liked: 136

F350 and 38' 5th wheel with 20x35 awning. 2 swifts from HOT FL. Level pavement, shade and electricty would be appreciated

John

Contributing Member trout roberts's Avatar

Default More NW

I'll be bringing 2 more Club Fords from the Northwest. If possible, I'd like to be paddocked next to Michial and his entourage. I have a one ton crew cab dually and will be towing a 24 foot stacker trailer. The trailer has a 20 foot awning and we may set up another 10 x 10 "hospitlity" canopy.

Any help along those lines will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and best regards to all...
    Trout <º{{{><

Liked: 6

We are towing a 38' gooseneck containing a CF and a FF with a F250.

Thanks!

Contributing Member Garey Guzman's Avatar
    Liked: 858

Quote Originally Posted by Stan Townes View Post
    PS will you be letting us know of a Plan or is this Oklahoma again.
    Brings back bad memories?

Can't wait to see some of my Western buddies!
    Garey Guzman
    FF #4 (Former Cal Club member, current Atlanta Region member)
    https://redroadracing.com/ (includes Zink and Citation Registry)
    https://www.thekentlives.com/ (includes information on the FF Kent engine, chassis and history)

Beeler and I LOVE Jim Roemers post about paddock parking, he and the Region have taken ownership and we are sure will make it happen as best as they can.
    Remember Porter Racings entourage with a huge tent rented from RA, all the tractor trailer rigs in reponse to this thread's original query, and if everyone stays patient and keeps cool it will be fine.
    Thanks Jim, see you soon.

Liked: 157

Mike,

We are hitching a ride with Jim Little. He is bringing a 36 ft trailer with a dually pick-up and if you have room for a 20 x 22 ft canopy next to it that would be great.

Thanks Mike.

Tom

Default Parking

Mike,
    Front Range will have the Semi and a toter/40ft trailer with at least 8 cars.
    Both trailers have 20ft wide awnings. See you soon.
    J.D.

Liked: 26

Default parking

We will be bringing an F150 with 20' trailer containing my RF 83 FF from Fla. We would like to set up a tent next to Jon Swanson if possible. John and Anna Schimenti

Mike, do you have an area you have planned for the Fords? We will be at the track Wed morning.
    Roland Johnson
    San Diego, Ca

Roland,
    Jim Roemer, Mil Region RE and ex-FF current FC racer is in charge of paddock parking.
    Some demand asphalt, some demand grass [I am a grass man myself......read into that what you will !] and sometimes depending on the size and weight of the rig one is preferable.
    Jim will accomodate your needs, I am sure.
    While many many FF's will be in the North Paddock, it is almost entirely grass, but in the interest of not being paddock nazi's we won't make anyone park where they aren't happy, until the joint is full, that is !
    Mike

Liked: 106

We're at Brainerd tonight - should pull in wednesday afternoon with a 44' trailer holding 4 cars. We're hoping to be able to pit beside some friends from Thunder Bay with a few (gasp!) sedans. Also have a couple of motorhomes, if they can be close by that would be great

See everyone in a couple days!

Gary
    Gary Tholl
    #24 BlurredVisionRacing

Contributing Member

Default Reserved Parking - closed

Fella's,
    I have to close the reserved parking requests for the 40th; I'm simply out of time to prepare any more spots.

I will be there on Wednesday to mark each reserved space with a orange cone and your name printed on it. Everyone who requested a spot will have a cone there. Please respect the placements of the cones. Black flag penalties will be imposed for the race if you're caught moving them or using them as Solo cones.

Oh, please don't keep or trash them; I'll be around to pick them up.

Thanks guys, have a safe trip and see you soon!
    Jim

Thread Information