Liked: 8

Default Camping/showers at RA?

Depending on who (if anyone) comes with me... I might camp next weekend. Anyone familiar with the rules at RA for camping and where showers are/timing/temperature?

thanks,

Mike
    ---------
    Mike Green
    Piper DF2 FF

Liked: 151

Never camped, but I've used their shower facilities near start/finish.

I think they charge for camping, it should be on the RA website. Showers were pretty nice and no charge. I assume there were more around than just what I saw there.

Liked: 447

You need to pay (at the gift shop) for a camping permit. Yes, there are showers there at the main bathrooms.
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29
    Follow me on Twitter @KeithCarter74

Liked: 25

Default Camping

Hi Mike,

Yes, there is a small fee at the track for camping.
    As Wren said there are showers in the main paddock that are very nice and free!
    They also have a tent camping area on the opposite side of the paddock in the Carousel.
    with nice bathrooms there, and showers (I think).

If you are looking for a campground with a pool, there is one just across the street called Plymouth Rock campground.

I'm sure there will be lots of folks (me included) camping at the track if you want to stay and join the fun!

Jeff

Liked: 33

Camping at the track is the only way to go in my book. All you need is someone to shuttle you in town if you want to get your drink on just a little more. There are showers in the main bathrooms and in the Carousel. As for timing and heat......use it when you can is what I say. Though honestly do you really need to shower at the race track.......? I take that back.
    Chris Buccola track brat since 1986.
    Chicago Region- Corner Worker
    Spec Racer Ford Gen 2 #38

Thread Information