Thread: Bill Slowik

Classifieds Super License stonebridge20's Avatar
    Liked: 1907

Default Bill Slowik

With a heavy heart I'd like all to know that Bill Slowik passed away yesterday, September 12th. Bill was a long time RCCA and EMRA member. Bill will be remembered giving hell to his Lola 342 and then his PRS as he used to like calling his "Polish Racing Sled". Bill was a true gentlemen and one damn good race car driver. Bill was not in good health for the past year but this news comes as a complete shock to me. Bill had a lung removed about a year ago due to cancer but I thought, on the road to recovery. When we last spoke, Bill was planning on getting his PRS back together from a crash last year when he felt a little better. I offered to go to LimeRock on a Tuesday and shake the car and him down a bit. When we talked about doing it, he really got excited. I'm sad to say I won't get the chance to do that with him.

Bill, You'll be missed by many. God bless you.

Mike Agnifilo
    Stonebridge Sports & Classics ltd
    15 Great Pasture Rd Danbury, CT. 06810 (203) 744-1120
    www.cryosciencetechnologies.com
    Cryogenic Processing · REM-ISF Processing · Race Prep & Driver Development

Liked: 4

Default Bill Slowick

Bill was an all around good guy. Over the years Bill, thru Hi-Tech Racing, has supported our racing efforts (Mechanic, Welder, Fabractor, providor of advice)

We are thankful of the opportunity to have known him. Many of you raced against him at tracks like "The Bridge" He was true racer, he was at the track a couple weeks back, the site of his last race in the PRS.

He is going to be missed. Our condolences go out to his family and friends.
    AMBROSE BULDO - Abuldo at AOL.com
    CURRENT: Mid Life Crisis Racing Chump/Lemons Sometime Driver (Dodge Neon)
    CURRENT: iKart Evo Rotax 125 Kart
    GONE: CITATION 87/93 FC - Loved that car
    GONE: VD RF-85FF , 1981 FIAT Spider Turbo

Liked: 4

Default Bill Slowick

Very Sad.

I had many great races with Bill in EMRA years ago. He would always help out when you had a problem, and race you hard but very fair. Bill was the Gold Standard in Club Ford.

A Gentleman racer.

Sean Gallagher

Liked: 7

Default Bill

Bill Slowik was a good friend of mine for over 20 years. He was a fantastic race car parts fabricator, repair expert and all around race car guru. He was with me 2 weeks ago when I attended an EMRA race at Pocono. Although he was not in good health he had a great time with the cars, the people and being at the track.
    He will be missed by many and I , for one, will never forget him.
    Last edited by Lindsey Wolfer; 09.15.08 at 9:57 PM.

Liked: 6

I was shocked and saddened by the news of Bill's passing. I ran side by side with Biill in many formula ford races back in the early club ford days. He helped me tremendously in my first open wheel days. The fun times we had with Dom Rella and the rest of the old EMRA guard back in the early 80's was something I've never forgotten. He was the kind of racer you you would never have a second though about going down the hill at Bridgehampton with him on the inside. He was the kind of competitor who would take the time to carefully help out another competitor even if that competitor was his toughest rival. He was the kind of human being that had a genuine caring for others. He was a real friend. I was hoping to see him this year and sadly will miss him alot. God bless you Bill for being such a great guy. You and your family will be in my prayers.

Liked: 0

Default Bill Slowik

Hey Guys,

I thought about Bill for a couple of days now. I don't think anyone had more fun than him. It didn't take much to make Bill laugh or put a smile on his face. I was really impressed watching him do an alignment on my car. He had made jigs and fixtures for this purpose and checked settings with calipers. Very knowledgable and a real craftsman. Next time out at Bridgehampton I was almost 3 seconds faster!

Good natured, fair, honest and a riot at the EMRA beverage celebration festivities. I vividly remember him doing a one man skit about a Swedish girl named Ingrid complete with a Swedish accent

Thanks Bill, God Bless You and Rest In Peace

Steve
    Last edited by Steve Ferner; 07.15.09 at 12:22 PM.

Thread Information