Thread: Rand and Beeler

Liked: 201

Default Rand and Beeler

Thanks Mike and Steve. You guys have put together an AMAZING event and we haven't even started yet!

I leave for the event mid week next week as I have some stops to make on the way. I cannot wait. I am looking forward to this event more than many of the events I have competed in in the past.

No matter what happens, way to go, you guys did a good job. Hopefully you guys will be able to enjoy yourselves and have good races and not be too worried about running the event.

Also, I nominate you guys to start planning and promoting the 50th! I will be there in our Crossle. Road America would be a great location again or maybe Barber, run some heat races, could get real interesting, great for spectating!!

Liked: 3

seconded , you Guy's are my hero's for all the time/effort contributed for all of us to play.
    Very appreciated and looking forward to some laps in my old Hawke.

Gord
    Regina,SK
    Canada
    later Gord
    BTW...only toilets need doors
    www.blurredvisionracing.com

Liked: 56

I'd like to throw in my thank you for a job very well done to Mike and Steve. As someone who spent over a decade as a karting and SCCA officer/official I know how much time and effort is required to make an event happen. This one is going to be just incredible; the best in my 30 years of racing!
    Kevin
    Crossle 35F
    Van Diemen RF02

Liked: 157

I dont think any of us have any idea how much work and time went into this by Steve and Mike. Every once in a while I would e-mail Steve with a silly little question and he would reply: "yes, that's number 75 on my punch list of things to do."

The first announcement for this event was over 2 years ago! And now here we are, 2 weeks away. And look at the results of all that hard work---225 entries and still climbing. It is amazing and awesome that we all get to participate in what will be a once in a lifetime event or at least one that will be very hard to top.

So thank you Mike and Steve for all that you have done! Can't wait to see you guys at RA.

Tom

Liked: 2

Default Thumbs Up

I've said it before but it bears repeating. Mike Rand has a history of organizing great events going all the way back to 1982 when we first met. He was successfully running the MidWest School and Race Series for Skip Barber. Then, in 1986, he organized the BarberSAAB Pro Series for Skip, which produced such drivers as Juan Pablo Montoya, Brian Herta, and others.

In 2004 he orchestrated the 35th FF Anniversary at Lime Rock and in 2005, held the 35 + 1 Anniversary, also at Lime Rock.

Today he is administrating the FF2000 Championship Series with more than 30 entrants per race. There have been many other racing activities that Mike has been a part of and his presence has (usually) made the event better and more enjoyable than it might otherwise have been.

Mike has been a true "racer" all his life and my hat is off to him and well as both thunbs up. I wish I knew Steve Beeler as well as I know Mike, but I am looking forward to meeting him at The 40th.

Can't wait to get to Road America. I feel the need for a brat and some open wheel racin'.

Mike

Thread Information