Liked: 0

Default Nelson Ledges Round 3 and 4

Last winter I went to a meeting with the Finger Lakes Comp Committee about the FST series participating in the Nelson Double Regional. They were very supportive of us asking for our own race group. For this we need the usual 14-15 cars entered.

By my calculation we are very close to the critical number we need and by my informal count there are 14 probable now.. Don’t sit this one out. For those who were not there, Grattan total FST entries were 15% of all entries at the race. Yes, the economy sucks, but FST is proving to be counter cyclical and that’s by design. By my informal count I have 14 probable now.

After seeing what was going on at Grattan and what happened last year I’ll go out on a limb and predict a new lap record in the mid 1.12’s and fast race laps in the high 12’s. The weather and track oil situation needs to cooperate.

Liked: 190

Default Entry Forms are Up

Here are links to the entry form for the next two rounds of the US FST regional series hosted by Finger Lakes Region at Nelson Ledges

PDF: http://www.flr-scca.com/race/2009/we...oEntryForm.pdf

MS Word: http://www.flr-scca.com/race/2009/we...oEntryForm.doc

Looks to be another great US FST racing weekend with a real shot at having 15 Formula First cars in attendance.
    Bill Bonow
    "Wait, which one is the gas pedal again?"

Default Be there or be square

We should get a roll call going for the Nelson Race, but from the grape vine/preliminary reports, there should be 16 Formula First cars is attendance for Rounds 3 & 4 of the US Formula First Regional Series. If so, this will be our largest grid to date. My bet is that the race will be the most competitive to date as well . I think RGU is correct. to be on point, you'll need to be running in the 1:12 range.

Last year, on Saturday of our Nelson event, the track announcer was beside himself as 8 cars battled for the point. Many said they had not see that close of racing for a long time.

I think for this years event, we (the FST drivers) should supply the track announcer with some basic info about our cars and drivers to make the race just a little more special.
    Bill Bonow

Default Nelson-A-Go-Go

With rounds 3 & 4 of the US Formula First Regional Championship Series at Nelson Ledges just over 1 week away (June 27 & 28), here is an update. For those who haven't entered the event just yet, there is online entry available here: http://www.nescca.com/registration/ (much better than DLB in my opinion)

There are currently 7 registered online and at least 3 that have mailed in entries, but don't know the total entry number at this point.

Our entry goal for the race is 16 and we have a real good shot at making that benchmark. Here are the potential entries:

Butch Deer - Campbell Evolution
    Doug Seim - RGU Mysterian M-5.1
    Robert Clark - Campbell Evolution
    Greg Rice - Problemchild SM 2
    Carl Middelegge - Campbell Evolution
    Jim Nash - Mission FST
    Dave Dawson - Campbell Evolution
    Randy Shinn - Mysterian M-2
    Greg Schings - Campbell Evolution
    Jared Timmerman - SGCC Mysterian M-5
    William Bonow - Campbell Evolution
    Dave Blevins - Caracal MTV
    Mark Kelly - Campbell Evolution
    Matt Gordon - RGU BRD
    Noah Smith - Zink Z-18B
    Don Smith - Lynx/Citation

This will be a record entry weekend for FST showing that while most regional class entries are shrinking, FST entry numbers keep growing. Come out to Nelson next weekend and watch some fantastic racing.
    Last edited by Bill Bonow; 06.18.09 at 4:57 PM.
    Bill Bonow

Well, with only a few days until the races, there are 15 of 16 registered (We're missing Randy Shinn and his new M2 conversion). Still going to be a record turn out for FST and my bet is two great rounds of racing. Here is the grid so far:

Butch Deer - Campbell Evolution
    Doug Seim - RGU Mysterian M-5.1
    Robert Clark - Campbell Evolution
    Greg Rice - Problemchild SM 2
    Carl Middelegge - Campbell Evolution
    Jim Nash - Mission FST
    Dave Dawson - Campbell Evolution
    Greg Schings - Campbell Evolution
    Jared Timmerman - SGCC Mysterian M-5
    William Bonow - Campbell Evolution
    Dave Blevins - Caracal MTV
    Mark Kelly - Campbell Evolution
    Matt Gordon - RGU BRD
    Noah Smith - Zink Z-18B
    Don Smith - Lynx/Citation

MIA: Randy Shinn - Mysterian M-2
    Bill Bonow

I just got back my license renewal, temporary homologation and sent in my registration. Looking forward to getting back to the track!

Randy

Default Can't get there from here

Here is some info from Neohio about construction that may limit access from State Route 305:

In the event that you will be coming to the Finger Lakes Double Regional (June 27-28) or the Detroit/Neohio Double National (July 3-5) at Nelson Ledges you need to be aware of current road construction on SR 305.

State Route 305 in Nelson Townships (Until further notice)

SR 305 is closed until July 3 in two separate locations between SR 282 and US 422. These locations are:

SR 305 between Brosius Rd. and Prentiss Rd. SR 305 between Kyle Rd. and Nicholson Rd.

Contact Nelson Ledges for alternate directions - 440-548-8551

Please pass this info on to others that you may know that are coming out either weekend.

Debbie LaFond
    Neohio SCCA Assistant Regional Executive
    Bill Bonow

Default More info maybe

Here’s what I think this means

You have to approach the track from the east so if you are used to getting off the Ohio Turnpike at exit 193 then you should go past the track and get off at exit 209 and come up Route 5 to 422 West to 305. Your GPS could get you through faster. Another alternative--At exit 209 turn right on Rt. 5, then right on 534. About 4-5 miles down the road turn left on 422. From there I'll turn left on 305 at The Gables and head to the track.

The other (very direct) way is to take 71 North to 480 east and 480 to the 422 expressway and 422 to 305. Don't do this at rush hour.

Got out there to see the action on Saturday. Man was that 4 car frieght train up front fun to watch. Meanwhile further back there were more fierce battles going on. A most excelent show.
    Mark Swick

Thread Information