Hey guys,
Just to update you all. I visited Blue Grass this weekend and it is everything you could hope for in a race track. While they have a bit of work to do before we get on track they believe that they will be ready so we are foot to the floor heading towards the Labor Day opener. Interestingly I found out that those of you who choose to come out and play that weekend with us will not only be making history as the first race weekend of the track but will also be participating in the first road race in 50 years in the state of Kentucky.
The track is fantastic, I took a few laps in my street car with Kurt Neumeyer from the tracks management team and my wife. I got my wife to scream OH s*&%T a couple of times.
The main straight is 3200 foot long for us I think that may be slightly too long so we will use a "bus stop" about 1000 foot onto it and make it 2 long straights. We had the option of using a 1.4-mile course but after trying the 2 the 2-1/2 just has so much more to offer.
There is a left hand kink getting to turn 1 and 2 which lead to a blind rise and slight left hander. From there you go down hill quick and up during the rise back up. This leads to another straight in to a short golf club driver looking corner, it is a right with a very short straight into a longer right. Then you head into a long banked corner with a 6 degree banking on the bottom and 8 on the top. from there you do a short esse and plunge down into a ravine to come up just as quickly. This leads directly into a slightly off camber decreasing radius right to an immediate left and back onto the main straight.
Words are hard to do this place justice, it is a real race track that will take a driver to master.
WARNING if you get sick on roller coasters .... bring an air sick bag.
It is going to be a fast and competitive track.
I am looking forward to the weekend already.
John Heckman
FRCCA President
570-669-9589
frcca@ptd.net