Liked: 0

Default SnapOn Race Team Tool Boxes

SnapOn 3 Drawer Top Box w/Folding Lid and Collapsable Dolly Stand

Standard Indy Car Team Tool Boxes For Use Under The Tent. Stands are custom built, lightweight welded steel tubing, have casters, and will collapse flat for storage in trailer.

Used One Season. Good Condition. Pics available.

5 Available $350.00 ea.

Pickup preferable, but will consider shipping.

Ph; Joe (760) 940-0800
    email: gearboxman@earthlink.net
    or PM
    Last edited by JoeT; 02.02.10 at 9:34 PM.

Contributing Member
    Liked: 20

Do you have any pics/dimensions of the drawers?
    Thanks,
    Steve

Default SNAPON BOX

Box is 24" wide, 10.5" deep, 12.75" tall.

Box has 3 drawers - 21" wide x 9.5".
    Top and middle drawers 1 3/16" deep
    Bottom drawer 3.00" deep

Banned
    Liked: 1116

Are these some of the Snap-On boxes made in China?

Default SnapOn Boxes

Doubt it. I bought them from Gurney a few years ago for an Atlantic program.

Banned

Could you please confirm? SN tag on upper right rear corner of box.

Are you in San Diego or Palm Springs area?

Thanks!

You're pulling my chain, right?
    We're talking tool boxes here man, not heirlooms.

Do you want to buy a tool box or not?
    Items are in Oceanside, CA.

Banned

Not anymore I don't.

If anyone else has a similar MADE IN USA Snap-On box w/collapsable cart I'll gladly give you $300 for it. If it is one of the Snap-On China made boxes, I won't. Quite simple. IMO one is a good value, the other is not.

Well there Quickshoes, I guess that tells me, but you got me thinking ...

I'm not sure what IMO refers to, and I don't know where China fits in, I'm just your average racer trying to clean out a storage unit. But I do know this: these boxes say SnapOn. They were good enough for Gurney and were plenty good for me. And old Phil Remington, his ownself, fabbed up the stands. I'm sure you remember Phil? Cobra Daytona Coupe? I had a pit cart Phil built for the Alex's Atlantic deal. People called it the Pit Limo. Rahal twisted my arm a bit over that when he started running Danica. I wouldn't sell.

Anyway, I'm thinking I've been a bit shortsighted here. I'm thinking maybe there is more value to these things than I thought. I'm thinking screw the people here who might get some utility out of them at a reasonable price. I'm thinking maybe I'll go look for that darned old serial number you're so impressed with. And then I'm thinking I'll go over there to ebay and put them in Fabuously Valuable Old Race Car Stuff Dept. Buy It Now. Thousand Bucks While They Last!

Thanks buddy. Good talking to you.

Hey, why do they call you Quickshoes?
    Last edited by JoeT; 02.02.10 at 9:34 PM.

Liked: 1417

To many people Snap-On tools and accessories ARE heirlooms. One man's trash...

Yeah, wish I had the money I got in SnapOn.

Anyway just having a little fun with old Quickshoes there, but we don't need this to escalate. Just trying to sell a couple of tool boxes.

Banned

JoeT,

Not going to hurt my feelings that easily.

IMO is "In my opinion".... Basically, China fits in because tons of Snap-On and MacTools boxes and tools have been made in China in recent years. I am not willing to pay more for the name if the quality isn't there to match.

While Gurney is a Legend, I am not one of the types to put extra value on something such as a tool box simply because who may have touched it before...however there are those who find value in saying whose former stuff they own.

Oh boy. I give up. Uncle! You win Quickshoes. I get it. After bugging me with drivel, my tool boxes aren't up to your standards. Fine. So would you just go away? Please?

Anybody else seeing this, at this point I don't know what to say about these toolboxes. I know they're red. I know you can put tools in them. I think they're okay. I think I want to sell them. But after being slapped around by old Quickshoes, I'm not really certain about anything anymore. That man knows his stuff ...

Anyway, look at the picture. If you want to take a chance, let me know.

Hey Quickshoes, you still there? So what year is that first nickle of yours anyway?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JoeT View Post
    Hey Quickshoes, you still there? So what year is that first nickle of yours anyway?
    Not sure how old that nickel is, I can't pry my fingers off of it to read the date

Dude, it wasn't the quality that lost the sale with me. Your boxes may very well be the "good" stuff, all I did was ask you to verify and that was too much for you to do for such a small ticket item. No big deal, perhaps others don't care.

I guess I need to turn off the auto-notify of reply to thread deal in my profile.....

Contributing Member
    Liked: 86

Hey Joe,

One of the things you'll learn about selling stuff on the Internet is that sometimes people ask you to confirm things that would be obvious if they were holding the thing you're selling in their hand, but they can't see in a 1x2 inch photo.
    Matt King
    FV19 Citation XTC-41
    CenDiv-Milwaukee
    KEEP THE KINK!

Liked: 553

Daryl, what a jerk you are, asking offensive questions about items people have posted for sale. :-).

When I post something for sale on the internet, I surely expect to get questions about it. And I usually answer them, too! :-).

Maybe you should change your screen name to Humble Guy so people aren't so offended when you ask a question. :-).
    Racer Russ
    Palm Coast, FL

Liked: 1417

Thin skin much?

You list something to sell, someone asks questions, then you answer them. That's pretty much how it works when trying to sell things on teh internets. Not too complicated, but then again... considering these are the same ones you had for sale almost a year ago, there could be something to it.

(that's the 'winking' smiley in case you thought I was serious).

Liked: 2

Let's try a slightly different approach.
    And I'm only asking because I honestly don't know.
    If a product says "Snap-On" (or "Craftsman" for that matter), do I really have to investigate where it's from?
    Now I understand that there are counterfeit items out there. We all know that there are plenty of unauthorized products, often out of China, that are poor quality, such as tools, clothes and videos. The manufacturers have no quality control or standards. The production is not supervised or authorized by the company whose logo is fraudulently stamped on them.
    But I also know how licensing agreements work. I draft them, I'm a lawyer.
    You can pay a fee to the NFL, and they will give you a sticker to affix to your product. It's not really made by the NFL (surprise). The NFL will apply certain standards to your product, consistent with their philisophy. They may also apply certain production, quality and warranty standards to the product. But again, the product is not made by the NFL.
    I don't know if all tools stamped "Craftsman" come out of the Craftsman Tool Plant. I don't know that there is a Craftsman Tool Plant, or a Snap-On tool plant. I know that Snap-On stands for tools, not furniture. I also know that Snap-On and Craftsman stand for quality (but with a lifetime warranty, who cares?)
    The point is...if it says "Snap-On", and it's not counterfeit, isn't that the end of my analysis?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Horvath View Post
    The point is...if it says "Snap-On", and it's not counterfeit, isn't that the end of my analysis?
    Depends---ever owned a VW Bug? Does it matter to you if the VW parts were made in Brazil, Italy, Mexico or Germany?

To me it matters. The Chinese "Snap-On" is not counterfeit. Snap-On built a plant in China in 2006. Many of their products are made there, others are made by 3rd parties under licensing agreements and the remaining made in USA and Canada.

Some Craftsman tool boxes are made by Danaher, who also manufacturers hand tools for Allen, HoloKrome, K-D, Matco and Sata, among others.

Stanley is tied to Proto, MAC, Husky and others.

These manufacturers have different quality standards for different product lines--IMO the Chinese made SNAP-ON boxes do not have the same quality paint finish, or hardware (slides/rollers and bearings)....to me that is what makes a box--not the name on the front.

Liked: 11

Bet it would have been faster to simply answer the orig question than type all the replies...

Maybe they are not even Chinese "Snap-on", and just have the decals.
    Sean O'Connell
    1996 RF96 FC
    1996 RF96 FB
    2004 Mygale SJ04 Zetec

Quote Originally Posted by carnut169 View Post
    Bet it would have been faster to simply answer the orig question than type all the replies...

Maybe they are not even Chinese "Snap-on", and just have the decals.

Amen!!
    John
    2016 TTS
    Lola T640 crashed and spread around the globe

Default how much beer did you guys drink......

in order to maintain this pi##ing contest for so long???

Once you determine tha tyou aren't interested, then drop it.

I'm sure our race cars could use the extra prep time that has been wasted by this thread.

Contributing Member
    Liked: 1

But where's the fun in that???!!!

This is better than the soap-operas...I guess life really does imitate art.
    x's & o's, jb

Thread Information