Liked: 0

What year is the cut off for Club CF?

Michael Hall
    Michael Hall
    Got a job
    Race a bike
    Cal Club

Usually it's 1990 and earlier year cars is the general rule (as least it was by last year's rules).

------------------
    Keith Carter #28
    94\95 VanDiemen
    keith@formulacontinental.com

In the southeast region the rule states that the car had to be homologated in 1990 ro before regardless of year model of the car. My 1988 Reynard was not homologated until 1991 and they will not allow me to run in club continental. I have to run with the big boys, or as close to the back of them as possible.

Liked: 3787

This site will be an example of CFC rules for the SE USA, you'll need to check the West Coast for their regional rules.
    http://www.sedivracing.org/clrules.html#cfc

Montfort: You need to plead your case to higher authorities. Teamed up we may be able to get you an exception (if it truly is an 88). Get ahold of Phil Mellor and/or Jim Creighton and plead your case. As bad as we need CFC cars, you may be able to get us other SE CFC drivers to back you. Start at this site:
    http://www.sedivracing.org/SEDIVOff.html

Wow that sucks, I just bought a 88 Reynard and was hoping to run in CFC. It seems to me that with some inspired lobbing that a car as uncompetitive with a late model VD as this car should be in CFC. i used to run a Crossly 55 in FF and although I would run up front it was really unfair fight agianst a DB1. I hope I didn't make the same mistake in buying this car.

Michael
    Michael Hall
    Got a job
    Race a bike
    Cal Club

Montfort:
    It doesn't matter what year the car was homologated as long as the homologation papers match the plate on the chassis.

If the plate on the chassis says its an '88 and the serial numbers match the homologation papers... it's an '88.

You could homologate a '88 this year and it would still be an '88. It's not the date of the homologation that counts, it's the date the chassis was constructed.

That seems to be what Phil Mellor is saying.

I am confused (it's not the first time) if what PurpleFrog is saying is true then why can't Momfort race his 88 in CFC?

Michael Hall
    Michael Hall
    Got a job
    Race a bike
    Cal Club

We have sent in a request for clarification to the who's who of the SE Division. We'll let you know as we get a better answer.

I have talked to the guys on the southeast board before and the car is an 88. The data plate is 88-089 and this is stated on the papers. BUT, it was not homologated until 1\91 and it is not legal under CFC according to them. I was told I could race in CFC until I got caught. With all the publicity I think that would be a given.

I agree with Creighton. I don't think you will be "caught" because I think you will find the rest of us CFC pilots understand your problem, and we want the class to survive. We need the numbers.
    We have let guys run with trays, different wings, etc. that weren't part of the original 88 package. The car Court won the SARRC championship with last year, sure didn't look like a picture from an 88 Reynard brouchure.

Of course if your 88 is all tricked out with modified suspension pickups, radically different body, 2300cc motor, and a 5 speed.... somebody may be able to scrape up $50.

So you think I should remove the side drafts and nos system? Thanks guys I am trying to get CFC up and running in Cal Club and I will be using your division as an model for the rules.

Michael
    Michael Hall
    Got a job
    Race a bike
    Cal Club

Brooks,
    Just make sure the car regs state it must be based on the year model, not the homologation date. I wont be at roebling but I will be at cmp.

Why did you guys decide on 90 as the cut of year instead say 93?

Michael
    Michael Hall
    Got a job
    Race a bike
    Cal Club

I was not a member when they formed the CFC class. I was told they realized there was a big difference between the old rocker arm cars and the new (at that time) push rod cars.
    The Swift of course became the quasi-exception to the rule.
    At the time of the rule-making the early 90's VD could still be very competitive in regional racing at the FC level. Tab is still a great example of that. Entry of the early 90's VD into CFC would instantly eliminate the competitiveness of all the 80's rocker cars, which is what they were not trying to do.
    Remember it is only a regional class.

Thread Information