Thread: Turn it off!

Liked: 3787

Default Turn it off!

Just me... but... I don't want to be emailed everytime someone responds to a thread i start. It will swamp (pun intended) my mail server.

Can you imagine what will happen if i start another thread about zetec/pinto equity? , or a replacement engine for FF?

Can that new option be turned off? Please.

Liked: 956

Default Throw the switch!

Froggie,

Go into User CP

Left Column, in Settings and Options

Select "Edit Options"

Under "Messaging and Notifications"

There is a whole set of options, but the one you want is " Default Thread Subscription Mode" Choose "No Email Notification"

Click Save Changes at the very bottom of the page.

Thank you for the great trackside report and to Mrs. Frog for her great photos!

Best regards,
    Dan Wise
    “Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty.” -Peter Egan

Liked: 1417

Mea culpa!

There was a global setting changed on the forums that made the change to ALL user accounts. It de-activated the e-mail alerts for everyone. In doing that, it screwed up a lot of users' current settings. In flipping it back to the way it originally was, it changed the setting to send e-mail alerts whenever you receive a response to a thread you posted in (which is the site default).

Again, doing that changed the setting for ALL users.

Follow Dan's instructions for fixing the issue in your own account. You can also set individual threads to send notes in your Control Panel for "Subscribed Threads" as well as when you make your original post, too.

Sorry 'bout that.

Liked: 0

Default no prob, accidents happen....

don't worry about it, Doug

for all the work you do for us that doesn't get any written appreciation, a minor inconvenient 'oops' once in a while is no big deal.

thanks to Dan for the instructions on how to fix it.

Liked: 956

Quote Originally Posted by rickjohnson356 View Post
    don't worry about it, Doug

for all the work you do for us that doesn't get any written appreciation, a minor inconvenient 'oops' once in a while is no big deal.

thanks to Dan for the instructions on how to fix it.

Amen, Rick

You're welcome. I think its time for me to make a payment to support my daily fix....

Regards,
    Dan Wise
    “Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty.” -Peter Egan

Thread Information