Liked: 0

Default Technical Publications for the FM

Hey all.

I have been browsing around a lot, and I think I mentioned it in the building thread, but I am not sure.

Are there any kind of centrally maintained and up to date technical pubs for the FM?

When I get mine when I get back home, I am going to be doing all the maintenance myself. While that does not bother me any, I am a pretty proficient mech, I would rather not just start going through the car willy nilly. Really I am thinking about things like torque requirements for items, tuning specs, etc. You know, maintenance stuff.

I am not exactly looking for a Formula Mazda Haynes Guide, but then would that be such a bad thing to want?

Anyway, thanks!
    -Eric

Liked: 27

I am sure you know of Tim McGrath @Texasautosports. He has always been a great resource for us when it comes to torque specs and technical questions. There are five of us in the Houston area(and growing in numbers) that race the FM and maintain our own cars. Any one of us would be happy to assist in answering your questions about setup, maintanence or parts sourcing.

Feel free to eMail me at mxwills@aol.com.

Darryl

Liked: 9

Default Long standing joke

Are there any kind of centrally maintained and up to date technical pubs for the FM?
    I asked that same question 5 years ago, thinking that Star should have published something. Star did EMail me a sheet with some set up specs. But mostly I was told on the FM forum by the Star series chief scrutineer that there are never any pubs for race cars and to use the forum and the guys on it for all the information you'd ever need. I joke about that on the FM forum every chance I get.

Be patient and you'll quickly assemble your own manual. Do a search on the FM forum; lots of good stuff going back 9 years. And you can always EM your questions to a few guys like me; happy to help.

I'm about to send a package of set up notes to a guy; I'll copy you if you'd like.

Edit: Case in point http://formulamazdaforum.yuku.com/to...98/t/Jets.html
    Last edited by Ted Idlof; 05.28.09 at 2:17 PM.
    Ted/FM # 13
    Shoe String Racing
    On a Wing & a Prayer

Liked: 0

Nice thanks guys! That is the info I was after.

Yeah I am looking forward to heading out to the track to just tool around and whatnot. If someone lemme wrench I would do so for free for them on race days before I had my car, just to learn. And I love the track atmosphere anyway, its a good place to be.

And yeah, Ted, I have been reading basically every thread between here and FM Discussion, hunting for pics, all of that. Cause I am here in Iraq for another 7 months'ish I have nothing to do but read up!

Also, it is looking like I am going to do a March/April Skip 3-Day class, as that is when my 30days of after deployment leave is. I am seriously looking forward to that.

Eric

Thread Information