Liked: 190

Default Randy Shinn's freshly converted Mysterian M2

Randy sent me some photos of his ex-Chris Jennerjahn Mysterian M2 FV conversion performed by SRacing. I always thought the M2 would make a great conversion candidate and now I know it will.

Randy can add some more details to the car, I just wanted to help him get the photos posted. Enjoy!
    Bill Bonow
    "Wait, which one is the gas pedal again?"

Liked: 0

Thanks, Bill. Also, many thanks to Jim and his whole SR crew for the help, advice, and hard work completing the project. I spent about 7 days at SR, helping, sometimes hindering, and learning all I could absorb about assembly and setup.

The car is the former Chris Jennerjahn Mysterian M2, I think from 1998. Chris had completely refurbished/powdercoated the frame, and did considerable bodywork before the sale. When I commented about needing ballast, Chris made me a 100-lb steel ballast plate that fits below the fuel cell, it has plates that can be removed to get to desired weight. Very nice! Thanks, Chris. I think with the full ballast and fuel and my 160 lbs, I will be at about 1140.

Car now has new transaxle, new front beam, new brakes, new tires/steel rims, and is dry sumped. Engine is from the "committee car" and has about an hour on it since rebuild, and did very well Thursday on the SR chassis dyno. The headers are stainless steel, I think Roxanne's. Hopefully the homologation paperwork will be completed and returned to me in plenty of time for Nelson Ledges.

Randy

Liked: 0

Randy,

Finally a red first! It looks really nice Hopefully we will see you at Nelson.

Carl
    Carl Middelegge
    2007 Evolution MK 1.3 FST

Liked: 67

Great looking car! Your time at SR will pay big dividends that first weekend out and in the long run as well. I look forward to seeing you at NL. We should have a pretty good turn out.

Jim Nash

Thread Information