Thread: check me out!

Liked: 14

Default check me out!

Hey guys,
    I've set up a new website and I would love you to check it out!

Look me up at:

JuanMarchand.com

See you soon!
    Juan / JR

Contributing Member glenn cooper's Avatar
    Liked: 136

Default Dude, take it from me...

You want to include some pics w/ a very attractive female beside you, lets say your girlfriend for instance!
    Even better if she has a wrench in hand!!
    THIS in and of itself will do wonders for your noteriety.

GC

Liked: 9

Default Great idea Coop

but hey, how about you send him a pic of your GF that he can photoshop in. A bottle of Cabo Wabo Ultra premium in return. A win-win.

BTW, when's the next Chronicle due out?
    Ted/FM # 13
    Shoe String Racing
    On a Wing & a Prayer

Cooper

ha ha, yeah, that is funny cause she has been planning on making a little website about me and didn't bother to ask if it would be cool to publish it, she just went ahead and did it, i don't mind it , kinda cool. you are right maybe a picture of her checking camber on the FM can land big sponsor interest

anyways , it was nice seeing you before practice on friday, i had a terrible time , gearbox and electrical held me back, i wanted to come talk to you about the high speed left-hand before the oak tree or the last two turns before the front straight, later

Contributing Member glenn cooper's Avatar
    Liked: 136

Default VIR

High speed left hander before Oak Tree: Approach in top gear, brake and snap down one gear, and this is one corner where, if u r not Franklin, only cause he's certifiable, you feed the power back on, as opposed to matting it as brake pedal is released as you dive for the apex. Probably more survival instinct, as getting it wrong has you flying off (literally!) the hillside outside the corner. It is possible to just nip the exit curbing, but if you get too much of it, it will spin you right around.

Last 2 rights before Front Straight: (known as Hogpen, cause back in teh 70's if you got it wrong you'd drive right into (wait for it) THE FRIGGIN' HOG PEN!!

I think you may be refering to the 2nd left of the double left coming down Roller Coaster, which leads to the G-out right (which then takes you to a little right kink/uphill onto the front straight), if so:
    In an FM, It's been a few years and I can't recall if I changed down a gear and braked coming off the left hander just before the right.
    I'd approach this right hander, aiming the right front tire towards the top of the curbing. As the track drops away towards the apex (which makes the car want to push), I found that the act of flicking the car into the corner would unweight the suspension enough that the right front would almost skim right to the top of the curb, straightening out the corner, allowing higher APEXSPEED (cause the faster you go, the more you need).
    As the tires touched down off the curb, there'd be the initial (re)loading of the chassis, which might even lead to a little 4 wheel drift or rear slide - great that will help you make the corner. Obviously, too much slidey slide could be a dettrement to your speed onto th front straight.

I had never driven anything BUT an FM at VIR, most recently 2 years ago, so I really had to relearn/rethink with my F'Thou car, which is very low to the ground and much stiffer.
    Sometimes I miss those old tanks, they really are such a blast to slide around a track!

That got it?
    Regards, GC

PS Feel free to hunt me down and ask Q's in the future. If I'm not deep into any of my own drama, I'd be happy to help...

PS Ted: Pic of my girl not required, Crikey she's old enough to be Juan's girl's Mom!
    Juan is doing fine, just fine...
    Last edited by glenn cooper; 04.22.09 at 12:38 AM. Reason: missed Ted

Cooper

yeah, thanks for the explanation, i look forward to trying that place out again, it was my first time there and i few people told me to "just take it easy" but it never happen, just too much car trouble and little time on track, my best memory of the weekend was completing a whole session racing karts at the track off to the side.

thanks for the description of the turns, i like that. jrm

Thread Information