Liked: 27

Default 40th. Birthday for All FF's (Rules)

The CalClub Formula Ford 40th. Birthday Party at ButtonWillow
    Includes All Vintage and Historic Formula Fords

Rules for the Cal Club 40th Formula Ford Birthday Party.

There shall be 4 classes which can run in the Birthday Calibration:

1. Modern Formula Ford (FF). Generally those cars built since 1981 which have inboard suspension and meet the conditions of the class as defined by the SCCA GCR’s, and which obtain a tech. sticker for the event. Cars in this group are often called 3rd Generation FF. Tires that are legal in SCCA FF class are legal for this event.
    2. Club Ford, (CF) cars which meet the conditions of either class as defined by the SCCA and the GCR or which meet the conditions of the VARA or HSR (the Series) rule set for these vehicles but in all cases run on the required Spec Tire (American Racer) and which obtain a tech. sticker for the event. Cars in this group are often called 2nd Generation cars. Cars that would normally run in the Cal Club Spec Ford (SF) Regional only class will run in either the CF or HFF class.
    3. Historic or Vintage Formula Ford (HFF). These are often referred to as 1st Generation FF. Cars in this category must meet the rule standards as outlined by the SCCA Vintage GCR, the VARA rule set or the HSR rule set for the class and in any case must run a spec tire – specifically Dunlop’s 135/545-13 CR 82 90892 Formula Ford (Front) and Dunlop 165/580-13 CR 82 9092 Formula Ford. Further, cars must obtain a tech. sticker for the event.
    4. The 4th Class of cars are those found in VARA Formula Ford Group I. Such vehicles as the Lotus 51 which were produced prior to 1968 with the original Renault gearbox are examples of those fitting this group.

Cars which meet the full SCCA requirements may double dip into the regular Cal Club event at a substantially reduced cost and thus double their event time for less than half the event cost. An SCCA log book and SCCA license or a VARA or HSR license or other suitable license and SCCA membership (temporary membership is available for $15.00 during the event).

FAQ: If I want to run my car which is a Club Ford normally in the Modern FF class for this event or in the regular SCCA event can I do that with my American Racers? Answer yes, or you can run the softer versions of slicks that are often used, Goodyear’s 160 is but on example.

The group I run with does not issue log books – can I still run my car? If your car meets the standards noted above in the rules referred to, yes you can run in the class your car qualifies for.

I have a POC full racing license but also have a legal CF in my garage that I run once or twice a year, can I run it at the Birthday? Yes, as long as it can pass the safety tech. for SCCA, HSR or VARA. Your POC full competition racing license is acceptable for SCCA regional racing and for this special event. If you want to run the SCCA FF race, the car must meet the SCCA GCR standards for FF, CF or SF (Spec. Ford) and have an SCCA log book. Log books will be issued during the event for those who ask and for cars which meet SCCA GCR safety rules. The POC license is good for both events - the Birthday and the Regional FF event.

I know that SCCA offers the best liability insurance in the racing business and the best personal injury insurance as well which backs up my own medical insurance. Is this an SCCA sanctioned event and are we covered by SCCA insurance during the Birthday Race? There are two sanctions for this event. The first is the normal regional race weekend which is sanctioned by SCCA and all the benefits of that outstanding medical insurance applies to anyone injured. During the Birthday Race, a different sanction (by Buttonwillow Raceway Park) has been issued and a different insurance policy applies. The liability coverage is exactly the same as in the SCCA but it is not SCCA insurance. The medical insurance coverage (also which is a secondary policy to your personal medical insurance) covers you up to $100,000.

How will Tech be handled? Two separate Tech stations will be set up, one for SCCA and another for historic/Vintage Formula Fords at a different location at the track. Who will be inspecting my vintage car? Jay Ivey.

Track fuel? Sunoco 110

I know I'm guilty of sharing info again, but if you want to race this side of the Mississippi for a celibration of the 40th. this is going to be a party and there will be a band Sat. night.
    Plenty of room to camp, Dogs welcome at this track

Liked: 27

Default Race Schedule

Cal Club
    Formula Ford 40th Birthday Bash Double Regional
    Formula Ford Race Schedule

Buttonwillow Raceway Park – Track 1A CCW 3.1 Miles

Start times are approximate and are provided as a convenience for competitors.
    It is the competitor’s responsibility to know when their group is on track as the sessions may begin earlier or later, depending on circumstances

Saturday May 16

Group 1 SCCA FF, CF, SF, FV, F500, FS, FST, SRF
    8:00 15 min. Practice

Group BRP Formula Fords 9:00 15 min. Practice

Group 1 10:15 15 min. Qualifying

Group BRP FF 10:55 15 min. Qualifing

Group BRP FF 1:20 p.m. 16 Laps or 30 min. Race

Group 1 3:15 16 Laps or 30 min. Race

Birthday Party 5:00 P.M

Sunday May 17

Group 1 8:00 25 min. Practice/Qualifying

Group BRP FF 9:30 25 min. Practice/Qualifying