Liked: 23

Default Supps & Entry Available

http://www.scca-milwaukee.org/RoadRa...e%20Packet.pdf

yes, it is a 7mb pdf...dial-up users go grab a beer.

The supps say online registration is available, but its not listed as an event yet.
    ------------------
    'Stay Hungry'
    JK 1964-1996 #25

Classifieds Super License andyllc's Avatar
    Liked: 201

Anyone have an idea on when the online registration will open up?

Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 492

Andy,
    The Region is hopeful before the end of this week, keep checking the 40th Threads on Apexspeed, it will be announced as soon as it is live on DLB.

Mr Rand
    First, I am excited I get to race with you again this year. Second, I am entering CF, my father is entering the FF National with the same car (our Crossle). I know that my car number has to be three digits. Can he also run three digits so we can both use the same number over the course of the weekend? The supps weren't quite clear on that.

Liked: 0

Default FF40th Car Numbers

Andy:

I'll answer for Mike on this one. The idea of the three digit numbers for all cars in the "middle" race group (restricted regional for CFF and FF) is so that cars crossing over into either the National or the Vintage / FF70 race groups will not have to change car numbers.

If a car is just going to entered in the National or the Vintage / FF70 race groups, then it will be issued a single or two digit number. Unless we have more than 100 entries in the restricted regional, no one will have to change numbers.

Steve Beeler, de facto EWC commissioner + FF40th co-chairman
    Lola T-540 HU44
    home: (734)416-8865 sbeeler@wowway.com
    office: (313)441-4460 x1141 sbeeler@pmcorp.com

We will have to change numbers then by going back and forth from a 2 digit to 3 digit number each session.

No Andy, unless the car is going to run all 3 races, which is possible in some instances,
    a 3 digit number for Group 4 will be just fine in Group 6.No adding or deleting numbers between sessions, and how do I know this ?
    Because Steve Beeler and the Region and I wrote the supps exactly so this could happen, and Steve and I are doing both races, like your car is with different drivers.
    I'm looking forward to seeing all the Brumbaughs again, been a long time.....

Woo Hoo
    Thanks for the clarification. When I register now I will register the three digit number for both classes. I can't wait!!

Default More thoughts on three digit numbers...

I think this is the point that needs clarification: your three digit number for the restricted regional is your number for the entire FF40th weekend. Therefore, no number changes for crossovers.

I wanted "666" but the devil beat me to it...

Lola T-540 HU44

Thanks guys, that is great.
    Since it is two different drivers, there will be two different entry forms (which is fine). Do we need to mark anywhere or put in any note that this car is a crossover running both groups?

Default FF40th Cross-Over Entries

Andy:

It certainly can't hurt to add a note to your entries that the same car will be in two different race groups hence the three digit number. I sent an e-mail to the registrar ahead of my entry forms.

Lola T-540 HU44

Liked: 9

Default fuel

has the region or the organizer of the 40th decided to spec the track gas or av gas in order to keep every one a level playing field and keep some unnecessary additional costs down? If this answered some where already i'm sorry for not finding it. It would sure like to hear what is the choice so as to prepare. we have probably 12 cars coming from the northwest and some drivers are bring 2 cars..CF and FF......
    archie

After much discussion by the Organizing Committee, which includes Region personel, the decision was made to go by the GCR, so any SCCA legal fuel is acceptable.
    While we hope the rocket fuel and it's $$$$ won't be prevalent there really is no way to effectively spec a fuel.
    Those running avgas hate the added expense of track Cam 2 110 and the vintage community can run whatever they want, ie unleaded if they wish, while it would be a surprise if some of the serious National Points guys don't run something exotic.
    Trying to guarantee that the 150-200 FF's of all ages in fact run the same fuel is a task no one was willing to take on, not surprisingly.

Liked: 9

Default gas

michial, I hope that someone at this event in a important position will see the importance of of specing track or av gas. after all if SCCA can manage this at the run-offs for formula ford....... i hope that wiser minds can prevail and do this some how, to help everyone comming as it will also make for better racing. Maybe national would help.
    thanks so much for your time
    archie

Thread Information