Thread: predictions

Liked: 0

Default predictions

with only a week and a couple days until the first event begins, who do people expect to be the front runners.? and how many cars are expected to show up?

Contributing Member
    Liked: 863

We're solidly north of 25 and maybe up to 30 right now, depending on a couple of things. Predictions? I wouldn't hazard a guess because I think we have around 10 rookies with what looks like a lot of potential talent to go up against the regulars. Stay tuned....
    ----------
    In memory of Joe Stimola and Glenn Phillips

Liked: 91

Lets see an entry list first.

Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 492

I'll have the entry list posted tomorrow, Tuesday.
    Currently right at 30 with a rookie class of 8-10 new to F2000 young drivers.

Liked: 5

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Wright View Post
    We're solidly north of 25 and maybe up to 30 right now, depending on a couple of things. Predictions? I wouldn't hazard a guess because I think we have around 10 rookies with what looks like a lot of potential talent to go up against the regulars. Stay tuned....
    Bob, Bob is that you? Are you speaking to us from the great beyond?

http://obits.pennlive.com/PennLive/D...onId=125608512

Default F2000 2009 Season Opener Entry

OK gang, as of today, Tuesday March 31st at 10:30AM, we are expecting the following entrants at VIR next week for the opener April 9-11.
    With the rookie class at 7 new to F2000, with at least 2 others on the sidelines finalizing last minute deals, and with four of 2008's top 10 in points returning it promises to be an excellent start to the season.

In no particular order those entered are as follows:

2 cars from JDC Motorsport for entered Chris Miller who was 4th in season end points in 2008 as well as Mexican rookie Alejandro Munoz [R].

Alegra Racing has a new 2 car effort featuring Brazilian karting stars Fabio Orsolon [R]and Victor Carbone [R].

2009 Masters Champion Tim Minor is returning to defend his crown.

GTP will have Tom Fatur, Peter Gonzalez, Phil Lombardi and Chris Camadella under their tent.

John Dole will be nearby as he returns for another season.

St Clair Motorsports will return with Matthew Inge who in a less than full 2008 season was 7th in points as well as Jerry Szykulski.

ZSports Midwest will bring Caitlin Johnston and Ben Searcy [R].

Group A racing has two more rookies in Jonathon Scarello [R] and Colin Alexander [R].

Audette Racing out of Quebec returns after a partial 2008 campaign gained Remy Audette 9th in season end points.

Brent Gilkes leaves the Barbados to run VIR again in 2009.

Jesse Yorio, in the lone Piper, and Jeff McCusker return as well.

Masters Class iron man Craig Clawson, one of only 2 drivers to have started every F2000 Championship Series race since the series inception in 2006, is back on board.

CenDiv SCCA FC standout Brian Belardi begins a full season with F2000 after a successful toe in the water at Road America in 2008.

Perennial SCCA open wheel star Dave Weitzenhof has eneters his much reworked and now Zetec powered Citation.

Bobby Caldwell returns to prove that his 2008 results were not flukes and has also converted to Zetec power.

Chris Gumprecht enters his sophomore season after learning the ropes in 2008.

And last but far from least ADSA/Wright Racing, co-owned by series partnes Bob Wright and Al Guibord Jr are back along with rookie Blake Teeter [R] in the senior Al Guibords car as Al Sr deals with business issues.

With several last minute deals soon to be announced we expect the field to stand at just below 30 by the time all is said and done.
    Last edited by Michael Rand; 03.31.09 at 11:15 AM.

Zero Pinto's entered?

Yes, zero Pintos, and zero Gesfords also.........
    It is not a first for either however.
    We had no Pintos several times in the past and Gesford rarely shows up anyway......

You know the drill with me, 3-4 weekends a year. No way I can afford more or spend more time away from home/job.

looks like a solid field, particularly if you consider the economic climate, 30 cars sounds pretty good

disappointed to see no Brian Graham

Liked: 123

I think Brian's disappointed that he's not going to be there too.

I will be at VIR cheering Caitlin on, and running with the VDCA guys in my Lola.

Brian (Evans)

Hi gang,

While I won't be there I will be keeping a close attention to all the action and doing my best to cover everything via my laptop and cell phone.

After an initial look at the entry list, I'm going to say my pre-season favorites to win the title are Remy Audette and Chris Miller. I think the Alegra guys should get up to speed quickly and battle it out for Rookie of the Year honors. As for the Masters class, I'm going with Tim Minor repeating.

We'll see how close I am come the on-track action at VIR.

Cheers,
    Allan Craighead
    eFormulaCarNews.com Managing Editor
    (226) 808-9472 Cell
    acraighead@howdenmediagroup.com

Thread Information