Liked: 0

Default Newbie Questions

Hi
    I've purchased the "Cheap FST" in the classified section and have a few questions for you experts. My biggest challenge will be to modify the car so I fit in it. I need to widen the cockpit about 4" I have room inside the bodywork but don't know what is legal. I may not run the car in SCCA but don't want to do anything that would disqualify it.
    Can I cut the side bar out and replace it with one with a couple of bends in it? Can anyone direct me to a GCR that might address this?
    Where do I get a restrictor plate if I decide to build my own motor?
    Anybody running an Accusump verses a dry sump system? If so how big?
    Anybody got an FST in SW Michigan?
    Thanks
    Bob D

Contributing Member problemchild's Avatar
    Liked: 4361

Default Welcome!

Welcome to our fine class! Email sent!
    Greg Rice, RICERACEPREP.com
    F1600 Arrive-N-Drive for FRP and SCCA, FC SCCA also. Including Runoffs
    2020 & 2022 F1600 Champion, 2020 SCCA FF Champion, 2021 SCCA FC Champion,
    2016 F2000 Champion, Follow RiceRacePrep on Instagram.

Liked: 1

Woot! Seconded! Welcome to FST! Greg is a _phenomenal_ FST resource so there's nothing for me to add beyond that. ^_^
    John Piggott
    1974 Lola T-322 Super Vee
    2009 FK-MK1 Formula First (Under Construction)

Liked: 190

Default Another FST in the fold

Bob,

Welcome into Formula First. I think you'll find that everyone involved with the class wants to help you get your car on the track and join in with our fun.

Any questions you have will gladly be answered here.
    Bill Bonow
    "Wait, which one is the gas pedal again?"

Default good for you, welcome to racing

you can get that restrictor from SRACING. there is a link on this site to theirs.

you can relocate the side bars for extra width, but do not mess with either the front or main roll hoops. if you don't have experience with chassis design, consult the builder of the car for advice as to placement of the new tubes. also, if there is a licensed SCCA tech inspector in your area, ask him to help with checking the specs of the tubing size etc.

GCR is online at SCCA.org under the club racing tabs. you can download the FCS (formula car specs) as pdf and print. also look for the section on roll cage specs and down load it. a liitle research time will go a long way to helping you modify the chassis to fit you better.

Have fun!

I just want to publicly thank all of you for your help so far with my project. Greg Rice and Dave Dawson have been particularly helpful. Thanks guys!!!
    I spent several years racing in a different venue and this was not the case. It is refreshing, to say the least.
    It is no wonder why this CLASS is growing as it is. It's mainly because the people in it, have it.

THANKS AGAIN!!!

Thread Information