Liked: 136

Default Uhhhh, Gord?

Long winter up there my man?

GC

Liked: 3

Quote Originally Posted by glenn cooper View Post
    Long winter up there my man?

GC
    This morning -31c = -23f , havn't seen a race track since september, kinda loosing it I guess, sorry

Gord( I envy you warm guys) Leach
    later Gord
    BTW...only toilets need doors
    www.blurredvisionracing.com

Liked: 51

Default Winter

We had 6" of new snow in town last night and we currently have over 100" of snow in the mountains 30 minutes from town.

Dustin told me she's a "nice Girl" and only will date one guy at a time.

mj

Liked: 0

Quote Originally Posted by mjaremko View Post
    Dustin told me she's a "nice Girl" and only will date one guy at a time.

mj
    I heard she's available to the highest bidder. :P

Car looks great guys...hope to see you at the sprints.
    John Stecher - Rochester Minnesota
    http://twitter.com/johnstecher - Follow me on Twitter
    http://www.trackpedia.net/blogs/john/ - My Blog
    http://www.trackpedia.com - The world's premier race track reference

Liked: 51

Just like all the others........................

Liked: 21

Default Pimp your ride!

We have thought about renting the new car on weekends when Mark can't drive, but we have not worked out the details yet.

The price would be reasonable though.

And for those of you who are not into sloppy seconds, we are selling the first 5 turn key cars for 49,995. A roller is 39,995. Not bad for a car that can be under the min weight with a 230 lb driver on board.

We are well under the minimum weight despite adding 9 lb of additional steel tubing surrounding the driver (almost a full 20' stick of 1" tube) when compared to the F1k.07. The new car also has improved side intrusion protection with 8 layers of Kevlar in the side panels from the front buck head to the main roll hoop, over 4 times the rules requirements. The rules only require two layer from the front roll hoop to the main roll hoop. We felt it was a good idea to carry the intrusion protection all the way forward past the drivers feet. Matt Conrad can tell you a story about an A-arm to foot encounter that started as a car to wall encounter. My point is that we did not sacrifice any safety feature to get the weight down, in fact we add.

Most of our weight reduction was found by better packaging of components, reduction in the length of coolant lines, etc. I also designed up a cool all in one fabricated bell housing diff housing thing that is still unnamed. It can serve as a dry sump tank if you want; I have it set up as the engine barf tank in the pictures below. We shed about 10 lb and increased stiffness by replacing machined aluminum and steel tubes with the sheet metal box. And it looks really cool! Check out how narrow it is!

I also stood on the wing and under floor, just to give them a bit of a test. My fighting weight is 185 lb.

We are going to drive the car for the first time at a double national race. We are jumping directly into the line of fire. All of our faults and/or success will be in right out in the open for all of you to see and read about. Thanks everybody for saying nice things about the car, hopefully we can keep the ball rolling by doing well this weekend.
    Dustin Wright
    Phoenix Race Works L.L.C.
    www.phoenixraceworks.com

Lurking again... The best of luck to you guys this weekend. The new car is beautiuful, but would look better in blue white and silver
    Jamie Cole

89 Reynard CFC

Only those who risk going too far will ever know how far to go

http://www.kintera.org/grassroots/jamieracesforlaf/

Very impressive piece Dustin, not only mechanically but the surfacing looks very professional as well.
    I hope to get a first hand inspection sometime this season.

Cheers, Clark

Default Surfacing

Clark, I AM a professional,
    Dustin Wright
    www.phoenixraceworks.com

lookin really good man.
    and the car looks nice too.

Liked: 3

Congrats! Looks a lot better than in late January... Hope to get out that way sometime soon to see it in action... now if my 401K can head north a little, or a LOT...

Default New car Specs

I thought it might be a good idea to consolidate all of my posts, and put the new car's specs all in one place.

Chassis/Suspension

CAD-designed tubular space-frame Chromoly chassis to SCCA specifications, fully TIG-welded
    Pushrod suspension with inboard, custom-valved Penske 8300, double-adjustable coil-over shocks with Hyperco springs. Aero-tube suspension arms with anti-intrusion bars and adjustable anti-roll bars for the front and rear of the car.

Bodywork/Wings

The CFD-optimized bodywork is designed to minimize frontal area and includes a nomex/honeycomb crushable structure (per SCCA rules) in the nose section. The front wing is a custom designed assembly and consists of a full-length main plane with adjustable secondary elements. The rear assembly consists of a lower main plane and a dual-element high downforce upper assembly and a rear impact attenuator. The rear diffuser is designed specifically for the F1K-09. All body, wings and diffusers are of lightweight fiberglass construction, per SCCA F1000 rules, and manufactured in-house.

Brakes

Wilwood billet aluminum 4-pot calipers are used on all 4 wheels, clamping down on 10” slotted solid rotors. Fluid is fed to the system via Wilwood Master Cylinders. A Cockpit adjustable brake bias controller is standard.

Engine/Drivetrain

SCCA F1000 specification Suzuki GSX-R1000 engine packages are available by George Dean's Racing Engines. Power is delivered through a Taylor Race Engineering prepared Quaife chaindriven differential and delivered to the ground by Goodyear racing slicks, 8x13 front, and 10x13 rear.

Misc.

Custom 3-piece center-lock wheels, Momo open-top steering wheel with Strange Engineering Quick Release, Crowe Enterprizes 6-Pt Camlock Driver Harness, Aluminum Radiator, Oil Cooler Woodward Steering Rack, 8.5 Gallon Fuel Cell to SCCA requirements.

Dimensions

Weight: 735lbs (dry), Wheelbase: 102”, Front Track: 61”, Rear Track: 57”

“ Roller” Price

$38,995
    Many options available...please call. All specifications subject to change
    Last edited by Wright D; 03.18.09 at 2:26 AM.
    Dustin Wright
    www.phoenixraceworks.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information