Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked: 210

Fabulous thread going no where

Did you know some FC's are running around with the FC class designation on their car and also a decal that says F2000 ! ?

Where in the GCR does it say FB class cars cannot have a decal that says F1000 ?

Really guys, calling it F1000 versus FB doesn't make what it is any clearer to me as an off the street spectator. Do you really want to use up all that valuable advertising space on the side of your car having 4" high class letters " F1000 " ?

Just as the triple option of FC, F2000, Formula Continental doesn't make it clear what that is either. Does Formula Continental mean it's using a Ryan Continental aircraft engine?

FA cars should consider themselves lucky. If the FIA had had its way the class would be called Formula Mundial (FM) To top that, until the Formula Atlantic series was started, FA's were actually in the SCCA FC class.. go figure!

BTW:
    In the discussion of " F's " you forgot Formula Junior (FJ) which was the first F class to leave the open wheel tradition (in SCCA) of designation based upon performance. Should have been like FD maybe. It became a 'class' in 1958 to replace the 500cc MC engined F3 class,
    CREW for Jeff 89 Reynard or Flag & Comm.

Liked: 709

Quote Originally Posted by rickb99 View Post
    BTW:
    In the discussion of " F's " you forgot Formula Junior (FJ) which was the first F class to leave the open wheel tradition (in SCCA) of designation based upon performance. Should have been like FD maybe. It became a 'class' in 1958 to replace the 500cc MC engined F3 class,
    Thank god FD wasn't taken back then. Otherwise it wouldn't have been available to that other new open wheel class: Formula Drift.
    Mike Beauchamp
    RF95 Prototype 2

Get your FIA rain lights here:
    www.gyrodynamics.net/product/cartek-fia-rain-light/

Liked: 0

I think I am going to make it easy for everyone that sees my car. I will have the FB labels as required. I will buy the F1000 labels from Mike B. I will also put some Suzuki stuff on there so they know the engine. And then of course, I will put the F318.31*pi labels on there for mathmaticians. And if I have any money left, I may acutally race.
    Ken

Liked: 120

Been a long winter huh.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information