Thread: Club Ford Tires

Liked: 0

Default Club Ford Tires

I am looking for some take off tires for my club ford. I am college student in desperate to make it to the track this year!!!

Thanks

Karl

Amherst, New York but i left my heart in San Francisco
    Liked: 292

ok, you really dont want to know thios but some of us used to borrow tires from the tire walls at nelson ledges

haha your right not very encouraging. but desperate times calls for desperate measures!

Liked: 2

Quote Originally Posted by avakarl View Post
    haha your right not very encouraging. but desperate times calls for desperate measures!
    That's funny. I was staring down some Hoosier's at the track last weekend. Too bad they were screwed to the telephone pole!
    Man will race anything. It's in his blood. His Soul. He must.

Kurtis C. Shirley MacLane FV (sold), Lola T644 (sold), Murray FK1 FST (sold), Vector MG-95FF (sold), PRS 82F (sold), Lola T340... AKA PRS82F

Liked: 17

Quote Originally Posted by T644HU05 View Post
    That's funny. I was staring down some Hoosier's at the track last weekend. Too bad they were screwed to the telephone pole!
    See other thread on repairing holes in racing tires.
    Bob McCown
    Van Diemen RF81 #472 (2008-2013)
    Next ?
    2009 ARS CF
    "I barked twice." - Enzo (the dog)

Liked: 19

Default Tires

Give me a call. I can help you out. Neil 209 722-7373

Default Nice

Nice looking Zink, Karl. If you are in the Southeast this year, I'll save a set I was going to discard. Are you going to Road Atlanta for the 40th?

Mike

hey, that would be great. I would really like to attend the 40th. I have no info on it though, on when it is and such. I will be trying attend the next regional at VIR and I might crew for the national there. But the tires would be great.

Next Regional at VIR is March 7 - 8. And the Nat'l is April 17 - 19.

The tires are in my trailer which is being repaired. I'll see if I can retrieve them. Then, maybe someone from around here is headed to one of those weekends. We could ask for help or I'll find another way to get them to you.

Mike

PS: There's a huge thread on the 40th as a sticky in FF section. Mike Rand is one of the instigators (sorry, organizers) and he's on this site nearly every day. A PM to him would get you the basics.

Ok cool. I don't think I will make that march 7 race. But I am pretty sure ill be there on the national and that double in may. Do you have any idea how many heat cycles are on the tires? also I could pay for shipping, if all else fails....

oh ok, ill be looking into teh 40th that seems like a good time!!

Liked: 115

Default Have 2 rears R60's

Karl: I have 2 rears. Not sure how good but are from 2007. You're welcome to them. I hope to make one or more of those VIR races. Will likely be there in mid-April for the VDCA thing and might drive up for the March thing to spectate. Can bring them anytime I am going. Also hoping to do the March double - in a Zink no less.

John Gaither

Default John

keep in touch re:those March events. I might drive up and "crew"* for you.

Mike

*Crew = help drink your beer

Default Heat Cycles

I don't really have a number, but these R60's are pretty consistent after the first couple of races. That means they start life as sandstone and spend most of their lives as granite. They're hard.

I wouldn't have any concerns about it. They have good tread depth and mostly, as a beginner, you need seat time. If nothing else, they will be good for test days that usually preceed a race weekend.

See you soon.

Hey john, thanks for offering the tires. But it seems I need fronts more then anything. I guess all that understeer im getting killed them. I think my rears may be ok. But hopefully ill be seeing/racing with you soon!!

Alright Mike, that sounds great. I appreciate the help. Thanks

Contributing Member
    Liked: 8

Default Takeoff's

Easy solution. Go to the National at VIR. Take a coule of 6-packs with you. Stop by the Goodyear or Hoosier trailer, and ask the guys working there if they would set aside a couple pair of good takeoffs for you. Give them the beer and your "thanks," and they'll take care of you!

Nationals are a good source for lightly-used rubber.

Larry Oliver
    Larry Oliver

Quote Originally Posted by Larry View Post
    Easy solution. Go to the National at VIR. Take a coule of 6-packs with you. Stop by the Goodyear or Hoosier trailer, and ask the guys working there if they would set aside a couple pair of good takeoffs for you. Give them the beer and your "thanks," and they'll take care of you!

Nationals are a good source for lightly-used rubber.

Larry Oliver
    I agree with Larry, however, if you're looking for CF tires, they won't be running the rock hard R60's. Anyway, excellent advice on how to "barter".
    Mike

haha sounds like a good plan to get some nice FF tires!! Who could turn that down?

Thread Information