Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 27

Default Thank You: Pegasus Auto Racing

This is a long overdue thank you to Pegasus Auto Racing. I’ve been a satisfied customer since the late ‘80’s. Several Wednesday’s back I reviewed my “next Pegasus order” list (this one was longer than most) then used their on-line catalog / ordering tool to place my order (one of the best), hit “submit”, and was done. It was around 4:30 PM EST. About two hours later I received a shipment / tracking number email from UPS – the order from Pegasus was on its way! Friday afternoon the order was on my doorstep when I got home from work – standard shipping and package had traveled 700 miles. This was not an isolated case of good service. They have been providing this level of service for years.

I know many of you balk at their slightly higher prices but 99% of the time they have the parts in stock, orders are packed well and are correct, ship the same day the order was placed, shipping charges are dirt cheap, they accept returns even when it’s my mistake, and they are always willing to help out. They will pull a part and take measurements anytime I have a question and investigate with their suppliers when they don’t have the answer.

Occasionally I’ve strayed, lured into ordering some parts at a discounted price from another supplier, only to be burned. Not in stock, incorrect parts shipped, outrageous shipping charges, partially filled orders that result in delays and 2X shipping charges, having to pay shipping charges on incorrect order returns, just to name a few problems.

All of the Apexspeed forum suppliers are great but I just wanted to take a moment to thank Pegasus Auto Racing for their support.

Craig Henry

Liked: 17

Default Ditto

I'll second, third, and fourth this. I've always received my orders in 3 days (order on Tuesday, get it on Friday). Yea, their prices are higher on some items, but the convenience of one-stop shopping, and realistic shipping costs, makes it worth while.
    Bob McCown
    Van Diemen RF81 #472 (2008-2013)
    Next ?
    2009 ARS CF
    "I barked twice." - Enzo (the dog)

Liked: 210

I agree totally. Although new to this whole game, we placed 12 orders for small 'stuff' this year totaling about $1,600. Every single order was filled the same day placed, shipped and arrived when scheduled. It didn't matter if it was $28 or a couple of hundred.

The packing with each different part (even if it's one nut) in its own container makes it simple to verify and identify the part. Sure you can find some of these things for less. But when you have a long list of items, the convenience of and design of the Pegasus web site makes shopping a pleasure (not that we enjoy spending money).

Matter of fact, an out of town racer placed an order with Pegasus on Tuesday at noon for things he needed here this weekend. It arrived at my house 2 days later (last night) and is ready for him to race Saturday!

Great service for sure.

All our Apexspeed suppliers are great. But it's really silly to call some of the other equally important and GOOD ones to order 2 nuts, 4 cotter pins and 10' of wire. However, when we needed a sheer bracket and A-arm for the elderly Reynard, Averill came though in a flash! Pegasus doesn't stock those
    CREW for Jeff 89 Reynard or Flag & Comm.

Classifieds Super License Charles Warner's Avatar
    Liked: 416

Not to mention the fact that Pegasus was able to deliver 4 brake rotors for the Lola to the track at RA the Sunday morning. Saved the weekend.
    Charlie Warner
    fatto gatto racing

'Cause there's bugger-all down here on earth!

Liked: 1432

Yes, Pegusus rocks, and especially John Haydon. They/he has answered more of my stupid questions that I can remmeber. I live nearby and when in need, I go there. John knows his stuff!

Liked: 0

Ditto... I've spent probably 6-7 grand at pegasus in the last month or so. So nice to have everything in one location!
    Last edited by ffrgtm; 02.01.09 at 4:06 PM.

Liked: 238

Absolutely no issues with returns!

Jim
    Jim

I wish I understood everything I know.

Classifieds Super License Charles Warner's Avatar
    Liked: 416

Quote Originally Posted by ffrgtm View Post
    Ditto... I've blown probably 6-7 grand at pegasus in the last month or so. So nice to have everything in one location!
    Not sure I would use the term "blown" to reference the money you have spent at Pegasus. Has a negative connotation.
    Charlie Warner
    fatto gatto racing

'Cause there's bugger-all down here on earth!

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Warner View Post
    Not sure I would use the term "blown" to reference the money you have spent at Pegasus. Has a negative connotation.
    Good point, Fixed

Default "Backorder" is a four-letter word

Pegasus is all about having what you want in stock and ready to ship -- now.

Ain't the cheap way to do it. But, for racers, it's the only way.

Love the Pegasus!

Liked: 6

Agree with above, Pegasus has also been good to me. Fast shipping, orders always correct.

Liked: 17

Default Yet another Pegasus order

I put an order in around noon today, and I just got shipping confirmation for the order. Knowing shipping times, I'll have the stuff Wednesday.

I can't say good enough things about Pegasus. They've always had everything in stock that I've ordered, and I generally get my order in about 3 days.
    Bob McCown
    Van Diemen RF81 #472 (2008-2013)
    Next ?
    2009 ARS CF
    "I barked twice." - Enzo (the dog)

Thread Information