Liked: 53

Default Program Reminder (Runoffs)...

Our Runoffs race will be aired tomorrow on SPEED at 1pm . Don't forget to set your DVRs if you can't watch it then!! Also, lets discuss what you guys think .

Paul Schneider SEDiv FE 73
    www.facebook.com/paulschneiderracing

Liked: 0

Yeah make sure you watch me blow the race not once but twice. Yay!!
    Matthew Inge
    http://www.MatthewIngeRacing.com
    Never Forget VT 4-16-2007

Liked: 9

Default Mr. Excitement

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Inge View Post
    Yeah make sure you watch me blow the race not once but twice. Yay!!

Just when you though there couldn't be any more incentive to watch; Mr. Excitement comes through for us!! Yes!

Z

and......comments?
    Matthew Inge

Default great race

I thought the guys up front put on a great show and everyone was well spoken during their interviews. I can't believe Matt slid through the grass, stalled the car and still beat me. LOL

Lee
    Lee Walther
    FE #37
    www.waltherracing.com
    Midwest Division FE CSR
    lwalther@cox.net

Liked: 33

It's Matthew Inge! Now I know what he looks like. Just started watching it on the TiVo. Been looking forward to this race for a while will get back to you once done.
    Chris Buccola track brat since 1986.
    Chicago Region- Corner Worker
    Spec Racer Ford Gen 2 #38

Liked: 896

That was some VERY TOUGH RACING at the front. Great stuff!

Thanks ... Jay
    Thanks ... Jay Novak
    313-445-4047
    On my 54th year as an SCCA member
    with a special thanks to every SCCA worker (NONE OF US WOULD RACE WITHOUT THE WORKERS)

I may have a biased opinion, but I think we (FE) put on the best race ! Mark, Matt, and Nick had one hell of a battle up front ! These cars are truly spec, and it's all about the driver's ability . If anyone has been on the fence of going the FE route, I hope your mind is made up now...and that's to come our way! These cars and this class is great! Way to go Mark ! Also, Justin Bell likes our paint scheme...that's pretty cool too !

Liked: 10

Yeah that was definitely one of the best races of the entire event... and on a track that has horrid passing areas mind you! It was pretty cool watching everyone and I cant wait til next year!

P.S. Matt, thanks for the gift

Liked: 4

Just finished watching it... great race.

A question for those in the know: aren't we all supposed to run marked tires? How come half the grid was on stickers??
    #45 FE - Personal twitter: @AOERacing
    RaceTimer+ and business twitter:@Epipiphero

Default tires

It was damp the first day of qualifying. Some of the guys choose to go out on sticker slicks and do a slow lap and save those tires for the race.

Lee
    Lee Walther
    FE #37
    www.waltherracing.com
    Midwest Division FE CSR
    lwalther@cox.net

Liked: 9

Default Class Act

I agree with Paul. Great race. I looked like a really, clean hard fought battle all over. I have to admit, I'm a little envious of all the participants. Now, I wish I was there! We got the premier announce team who seemed to be impressed with the class. Hell, if I didn't already have an FE; I'd go get one. Great job!

Steve

Liked: 33

Ok, I have to say Great race and a great first running at RunOff's for FE. Keep up the work, FE is always a fun group to work/watch.
    Chris Buccola track brat since 1986.
    Chicago Region- Corner Worker
    Spec Racer Ford Gen 2 #38

Liked: 1

I think the announcers thought Paul and I were brothers!
    My favorite part though had to be Nick's wink for the camera at the beginning.
    Matt Schneider
    Jay Motorsports
    FE #31

Yeah that was pretty entertaining. If you look closely, when the camera panned in on my face; right before they pulled away, I almost had to sneeze but caught it. LOL

Definately a great race again. Thanks to all who came out and made it what it was. Hopefully the class will have a great turnout this year.

and Brandon, your welcome!

Summary: My car was slower on the straights, but on point in the slow stuff. Made it hard to get a run on Mark.

If I owned/or didnt own an FE, this would make me find mine or someone else's and come out to RA.
    Matthew Inge

Matt S., I think the announcers were really confused ! We're from two different areas, with two different looking cars, and you're with a "pro team" and I'm a "privateer". Also, nice interview at the end. In fact, I think every driver/crew that got interviewed did very well ! Seriously guys, I think we really had the best "show" from start to finish .

Anyway, what does it take to hear from our champ?! Come on Mark...SPEECH, SPEECH, SPEECH...

Liked: 447

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Inge View Post
    and......comments?

Matthew that looked just like how you sim race. Congrats on a great job up until that point.

I agree with what everyone is saying and I actually thought it while watching it on the DVR. I thought, "This is going to draw even more people out to the class". The Sprints are going to rock!!!!
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29
    Follow me on Twitter @KeithCarter74

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Carter View Post
    Matthew that looked just like how you sim race. Congrats on a great job up until that point.

Haha very funny Keith. Ill have you know that I apparently had two wires loose in the throttle body which caused a misfire and that was the last desperation move. Too bad it wasnt in an SRF
    Anyway, I'm schooling you at Mosport right now, and that was without a draft. Cant touch me..
    Matthew Inge

I know I know, I just needed to get my digs in before you kick my ass this season at the Sprints and Runoffs.

As for Mosport in the sim, I need to see some footage of people staying on track after 5b with those fast laps. As far as I can tell that's the only spot where the extra half second is coming from in S2. S1 and S3 I'm the same +/- .1 secs. Tonight should be fun either way!!

Oh yeah, you forgot to add this image to your post:

2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29

Great racing guys. I actually made it on TV. Unfortunately, it was a spin. LOL. I had a blast and thought the event coverage was great. I just wish I was a little closer to the front. Congrats to everybody that ran. It was a great race.

Contributing Member
    Liked: 47

great race and great coverage by SPEED. one of the top two runoff races i've seen. that's got to be a boon for the class.

remind me, why isn't there an open wheel class in the SCCA Pro series? FE might be a good candidate.

Quote Originally Posted by mousecatcher View Post

remind me, why isn't there an open wheel class in the SCCA Pro series? FE might be a good candidate.
    BINGO!

Paul,
    Nice bio on eformulacarnews! Al and Rob do a great job in helping the FE class become recognized! Also, Im glad they cleared up the fact that you and Matt S. are not related. SPEED was starting to make me believe it. lol
    Matthew Inge

Contributing Member Steve Thomson's Avatar
    Liked: 11

Quote Originally Posted by mousecatcher View Post
    great race and great coverage by SPEED. one of the top two runoff races i've seen. that's got to be a boon for the class.

I think SCCA Pro sanctions this:

www.f2000championshipseries.com/
    Steve Thomson
    Owner/partner
    ZSports Midwest
    steve(@)zsportsmidwest.com

Contributing Member
    Liked: 47

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Thomson View Post
    I think SCCA Pro sanctions this:

www.f2000championshipseries.com/
    well, they require an SCCA license (pro or national) to compete, but i can't find any SCCA branding on the site. interestingly, at least for '09 that series is just on the east coast -- just like IMSA Lites. i guess i'd call that semi-pro.

Default Cameras R blind

Matthew! Staying warm there bro? Your near sneezing on camera reminds me of my epic battle on the warm up lap with a ball of tape! So the story goes like this......As we rounded the first right after de-pair-o-sell, I felt this thud on my helmet but I just thought it may have been rubber fly-off. Well after the next right I realized the thud was the right head support, as it had come unhinged and was hanging on by duct tape! "No problem" I say to myself, I'll just rip this thing off and chuck it out of the car as we exit turn 6....well that plan worked just fine..... till I look in my right mirror and see a LARGE piece of duct tape flapping in the breeze, totally blocking my rear view. This is where the fun starts: (RMS is originally an SRF shop mind you, so the team has become very proficent in the art of duct taping as they have repaired MANY Spec's over the years with this fine material)....realizing this is going to be a problem I rip this tape off the side of the car, but in the process it some how wraps around my right glove and I can't move my fingers one bit....so steering with my leg I get the left hand involved and manage to get the tape unwrapped, but be damned it still won't come off all the way! "Bloody hell" I say to myself as I try to warm up the tires and remove the tape, which for some reason Murphys law is in full effect and as the tape comes off one hand, it sticks to the next ......time is running out, we have just rounded the back chicane.....in this time I have tried franticly flapping my hands, using both hands, even trying to get the tape to stick between me and the beed seat, but nothing is working and the is just a few corners away. Completely out of options, I decide to shove my hand and duct tape under the chin of my helmet and possibly get a bite on it, which ultimately works and my hands are free again.....mmmmm I never thought duct tape would taste so good! Of course I now have another problem....the wad of tape is stuck to my peachfuzz-esque goatee, and it doesn't feel to good . Well, I suck it up and rip the tape from my chin (ouch) and manage to toss it out of the car a few turns before we get on the front straight...to bad I didn't have in car footage for SPEED, that would have been very entertaining to see!

Tough race start to finish, and what a great class to compete in. At the end of the weekend, the car that carried me to the RunOffs had 38 weekends on the engine, including test days for about half of those! I was running less wing than Nick and Matthew and I'm sure that big head-wind helped this aspect, but for a 38 race engine to be able to compete against Matthews 10 race engine....impressive! Jump ship FC drivers, you know you want to!

I'm sure it wasn't too funny when it was all going on Mark, but that story is hillarious. I had a similar thing happen to me with the bolsters on our FC. We were only using velcro to hold them in. One failed attempt at a tear off pull and it was in the cockpit with me. It was too large to deal with steering and shifting so I decide to do the same as you and chuck it out of the car at the slowest point during race speeds. I get pieces of the bolster handed to me after the race since multiple cars had apparently ran it over and once we get home I do some searching of how much they cost for a Vandiemen. $250 each from Primus!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mark 92 View Post
    Jump ship FC drivers, you know you want to!
    Some are already there.
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29

Mark, I laughed so hard I farted ! And in turn, I laughed some more . I hate those bolsters. When we got our car, the first thing I had my dad do was remove those damn things. Anyway, great story! I think that blows away my mirror story I told on here a few months ago. Also, great drive !

Thread Information