Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 492

Default 2009 Schedule Adjustment

There is a change to the previously announced F2000 Championship Series schedule for 2009.
    Due to circumstances beyond our, or apparently anyone's, control, our season opener has moved from the Savannah Hutchinson Island course April 2-5 to our now traditional opener at VIR April 9-12.
    For our fourth season, and fourth season in a row, we will begin with testing on Thurday April 9 at VIR with our usual 3 day race event to follow on Friday through Sunday April 10-12.
    While we regret not being able to race in Savannah we are appreciative that VDCA and VIR have been able to include us once again on short notice.

A reminder to series entrants, the February 1 deadline to save $150.00 on Registration is drawing close. The $850.00 price is discounted to $700.00 if paid before February 1.
    If you need a registration form contact me and I'll be happy to email it to you.

The 2009 season is as follows, including any testing opportunities known at this time.

April 9, VIR testing
    April 10-12, VIR double race event with vintage and BMWCCA Club Races

April 24-26, Road America double race event with NASA

May 22-25 [no track activity Sunday May 24] Lime Rock Park double race event with Grand Am, SCCA Pro World Challenge and Historic Grand Prix

June 12-14, Mosport International double race event, testing TBA with CASCAR and Canadian Touring Car Championship

July 2, testing Watkins Glen International
    July 3-5 , WGI double race event with IRL, Indy Lights and SCCA Pro World Challenge

July 16, Summit Point twilight testing
    July 17-19 Summit Point double race event as the feature on a Bill Scott Formula Car Series weekend

August 13, Mid Ohio twilight testing
    August 14-16, Mid Ohio double race finale with NASA including the season end awards party Sunday evening August 16

Remember, register now to save $150 !

The usual season pre-pay option will be announced shortly to save those who take advantage a substantial sum.

Liked: 96

Uh Oh, that's Easter, for those who observe the holiday.
    "I love the smell of race fuel in the morning. It smells like victory!"
    Barry Wilcock
    Pit Crew: Tumenas Motorsports/Houndspeed, Fat Boy Racing

Liked: 12

Default Easter Sunday

Per Calender.com,

Easter in the United States:

2009, Sunday, April 12th
    Somebody had better confirm the April 12th date.

Bumpdraft
    Last edited by Bumpdraft; 01.16.09 at 2:06 PM. Reason: Cluttered w/html code

Mike Rand here, I did the schedule, and it is confirmed, Easter weekend, as it was in 2008 and 2006.
    The track had a sunrise service in the past for those interested or concerned.

Liked: 96

Quote Originally Posted by Bumpdraft View Post
    Somebody had better confirm the April 12th date.

Bumpdraft
    Per http://www.bmwccaclubracing.com/events/events.aspx they are racing on the 12th.
    Also VIR has the vintage event on that date:
    http://www.virclub.com/track-calenda...pril-2009.html

+++ PLUS, Mike said so!
    Last edited by Beartrax; 01.16.09 at 2:55 PM. Reason: spelling
    "I love the smell of race fuel in the morning. It smells like victory!"
    Barry Wilcock
    Pit Crew: Tumenas Motorsports/Houndspeed, Fat Boy Racing

Liked: 0

Every holiday weekend in the summer. Too bad there's no races scheduled in September, we could do labor day too!

I can't wait to see what airfare costs are for some of those weekends.

For what it is worth, we didn't race on Easter weekend in 2008, I recall I spent Easter Sunday in Florida in the shop not at VIR.
    Chuck Lessick

ZATgraphics.com
    2006 Top Private Team Cooper Tire Series

Default Easter Race

I don't know about 2006, but in 2008 Easter was early on March 23rd and the race was on 4/20/08. In 2007 Easter was 4/8/07 and the race was the following weekend. Oh well, I hope the Easter Bunny knows where to bring my eggs.

Bumpdraft

I know it's a huge surprise [that's a joke...] that I was wrong about 2008 VIR, but I can guarantee you it was on Easter in 2006 !
    Chuck, I couldn't find an appropriate event on Labor Day weekend, believe me, I tried !

Liked: 804

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Rand View Post
    I couldn't find an appropriate event on Labor Day weekend, believe me, I tried !
    Mosport.......
    Ian Macpherson
    Savannah, GA
    Race prep, support, and engineering.

Default Easter Race

Ok, Ok, I'll be at VIR for Easter Weekend...........with my gas powered blender if Mike brings The Bunny.

Bumpdraft

Thread Information