Thread: 1993 Predator

Liked: 0

Default 1993 Predator

Hi everyone, I am Steven McWilliams Jr, and am 15 years old. I've been working on my Dads continental for most of my life. I just bought a Predator Chassis built by Steve Cole in 1993. It is built to accomodate a man of great stature for a racecar (over 6 feet and over 220) I am 5'11 and 180 so I don't need the extra room. the car has a complete front end, but once you look past the steering wheel, the frame is bare. I need to buy a rear axle with brakes, and monoshock suspension. I am also looking for a body. I have 2 1200cc engines so all I need is the plumbing. the chassis is brand new and has never been used.

I also bought a 1972 Z-Bar Formula Vee from the same man. I am not sure of the manufacturer, but it was built in New Zealand. I am not looking to covert this to SCCA Spec, but I will solo it with an already installed 1500cc engine. I pick the cars up on Saturday. By the way I got the two cars, extra parts, and a single axle trailer with electric brakes all for 1500, so it was a steal, but it will definately be some work. I am hoping to get the car done by the WDCR Drivers school in April, which might be a stretch.

Any suggestions and comments would be great.

Thanks
    SCCA WDCR
    Crew # 92 1986 Reynard SF2000
    Driver:# 92 1989 ITA Honda Civic Si

Liked: 210

LOVE the Reynard badge!

And sounds like you found a really, really good deal there. Can't help with the parts as we're in a Reynard at the moment

GOOD LUCK!
    CREW for Jeff 89 Reynard or Flag & Comm.

Liked: 174

Steven:

Welcome to the group and good luck with your cars. Another website to
    consider is the FormulaVee.org site that can provide you with advice &
    parts etc.....

Mark

OK thanks guys, my dad drives a Reynard so I had to get the badge. I'll try to update this with pictures as I get the car buit.
    SCCA WDCR

Hi Steven,

If you email me, I can give you the name of a guy who may be able to get Predator fiberglass for you.

As you start to purchase parts, shocks, transaxle, engine etc., anyone at our shop would be happy to advise. You will have a great cadre of FV guys to race with up at Summit. Good luck and have fun!

Lisa Noble
    Engine by Noble
    785-565-3322
    noblerace@aol.com

Liked: 174

Steven:

I have a friend who has two wrecked Predator's , but enough body parts
    and frames to make a new one. If you need anything, give me a call and
    I'll place you in touch with him ( Western PA). He's racing a Caracal D so
    he doesn't need them.

Thanks!

Mark Farnham

330/723-5929
    FarnhamJ@aol.com

Default Thanks (prices)

Thanks LIsa and Mark, I just sent both of you e-mails, I will try to keep this updated with pictures so I can get some critisism of the build
    Thanks
    By THe Way: how much is the fibergalss going to cost?
    SCCA WDCR

Steven, it's Vista, not a Predator but now that it is yours call it whatever you like

Welcome to the best class in the SCCA

Paul

HI Paul, I sent you an e-mail wandering if Saturday would be a good time to pick up the VISTA body and the solid wheels. How much will that cost total. I will also be asking you for the rear end sometime soon when we get to it.
    We are stuck with the lower steering arm. It seems that it does not come out. Any suggestions? We need to put the steering arm and brakes on a different torsion bar b/c this one has the short suspension mounts.
    THanks,
    Steven
    P.S. my avatar is the picture of the 1972 New Zealand Z-Bar, not quite legal for SCCA FV
    SCCA WDCR

Steven, the Vista body will not arrive until late on Saturday evening. Can you come over on Sunday evening? Call me at home to discuss.

thanks Paul
    703-435-5462

Thread Information