Thread: LAPTIMES

Liked: 0

Default LAPTIMES

What are the fatstest laptimes for a FB car at Blackhawkfarms and Road America. What are the maximum % of top qualifier times to make the grid(10%, 15%, 205)? If a top qualifier was a 1:06 laptime ( i think this is the 1000cc motorcycle lap record at Blackhawk , 1:08 for a 600cc) what is the maximum cutoff time? (20% of 1:06 would be 1:18 cutoff)?

Contributing Member John Nesbitt's Avatar
    Liked: 910

For national races, the cutoff is 120% of the fastest time in class (GCR 3.1.1.C.2). The Chief Steward can waive this requirement.

There is no cutoff for regionals.
    John Nesbitt
    ex-Swift DB-1

Liked: 151

Pritchard turned a 2:09.594 in qualifying at the sprints.

20% rule would have everyone over ~2:35 out. It was not an issue at this year's sprints.

4. The following members LIKED this post:

Default LAPTIMES

I take it this was at Road America. Is this with the chicane after the turn 10 carousell the motorcycles use to slow them down or without it straight through the kink? Was he the fastest qualifer? If not what position did he qualify in?

Liked: 16

Default grid

Dont' worry about making the grid, the SCCA wants your entry fee.

DSR's have done 2:05's in Qual. FA is in the 2:03's.
    Last edited by Lee Stohr; 11.19.08 at 3:07 PM.

Liked: 190

In the 28 years I've been racing, I've never seen the 120% rule envoked. Lee is correct, they want your money.

At Roach America, I think they only use the chicane before the kink with bikes and never with cars. I wasn't at the June Sprints, but I'd bet that Pritchard was on pole or right up front. A 2:09 at RA is smokin' along in just about anything.
    Bill Bonow
    "Wait, which one is the gas pedal again?"

I think the best AMA 1000cc supebike time is 2:13 (2006)with the chicane, which added around 8 secs from the year prior(2002)? subtract those 8 secs leaves about a 2:05 without the chicane approximatley. My best lap on a 2001 gsxr 1000 in 2002 was around 2:16. 2:05 must be an incredible sensation 2" off the ground.

Thread Information