Thread: FST at the ARRC

Liked: 190

Default FST at the ARRC

This should be the last race of the '08 season. Starting in '09, FST will be at a Regional near you as Formula First is a nation-wide SCCA Regional class starting 1-1-09.

The ARRC is going to be a great race. I heard rumor that FFX/CFF and FST may get a split start. If it happens, I think that would make our racing even better. We now have (13) cars entered and I think that is about all we can muster up for '08. Two guys have been asking for a rental ride and we may see (1) driver change in the line up. I'll wait until a deal is struck before I open my mouth too wide

Here is the entry list as of today:

5 Doug Seim Blue/Pink Mystique M5.1
    7 Garry Sharp Black 1990 Campbell Citation
    11 Aaron Deer black 2008 Campbell Evolution
    13 Greg Rice Black Problemchild SM2
    25 Matt Gordon White 2007 Campbell Evolution
    26 Carl Middelegge Yellow 2006 Campbell Evolution
    31 Dimitri Mariotto Blue BRD
    37 Robert Clark Blue 2006 Campbell Evolution
    41 Greg Schings White 2007 Campbell Evolution
    51 Brian Finegan White/Pink RGU BRD AFV
    69 Bill Bonow Yellow 2007 Campbell Evolution
    88 Dave Dawson Red White Blue Campbell Evolution
    02 Ed Womer Black 2008 Womer EV-3

We have requested a FST specific paddock space, so anyone who will be attending the ARRC is welcome to come by and check out the cars and ask any questions you'd like.
    Bill Bonow
    "Wait, which one is the gas pedal again?"

Liked: 221

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Bonow View Post
    I heard rumor that FFX/CFF and FST may get a split start. If it happens, I think that would make our racing even better.
    Not a rumor, Bill. Because of the unique nature of the ARRC by GRM ("The National Championship Race for Non-Runoffs Classes"), the Chief Steward has agreed to do split starts in groups with numbers that warrant them. Group 9 (CF/FFX/FST) certainly has the counts to justify that.

BK
    Butch Kummer
    2006, 2007, 2010 SARRC GTA Champion

Contributing Member Carl Middelegge's Avatar
    Liked: 0

Default ARRC Trackside Reporting

Just a Test to see that I can post pictures as I would like to provide some on the scene reporting from the ARRC, hope it works.

Try Again.

Liked: 3

It worked. BTW that is the view I have in my mirrors of Bill and Carl as they come up to lap me

Default Car #26 On Board Video

Well,

The Trackside reporting did not go very well as we always seemed to have our share of problems to take care of. I also forgot to turn my camera on until lap 3 .

The video is the race long battle between Doug Seim #5 Bill Bonow #69 and myself for 3rd position.

Congratulations to Greg Schings, Greg Rice & Doug Seim. I will have to wait until next year to hopefully join them on the podium.

Carl

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...62860110590410

Thread Information