Liked: 190

Default FST, We've Got Class

Congratulations to all FST'ers who've been activily racing your Formula First. All your efforts have paid off. Earlier this month, the SCCA Board of Directors voted to make FST a nation-wide Regional class. This means that starting 1-1-09, any SCCA sanctioned Regional will offer FST as a competition class.

Bill
    Last edited by Bill Bonow; 09.23.08 at 3:43 PM.
    Bill Bonow
    "Wait, which one is the gas pedal again?"

Contributing Member John Nesbitt's Avatar
    Liked: 910

Default But do you have entries?

Washington DC Region has included FST in its MARRS supps for the past year, without attracting a single entry, even though Summit Point is not that far from the birthplace of FST along the Great Lakes.
    John Nesbitt
    ex-Swift DB-1

Liked: 190

John,

Good question. FST has been very regionalized as we build numbers, strong in some areas, none in others. To date (pre-classification) we have ~400 SCCA regional race entries over the past 5 years. That includes entries from 7 SCCA Divisions. The DC Region (Summit) is a place that FST has not been. Last year, we ran one of our FCM series races with a MARRS event at Nelson Ledges (obviously not DC Region) and had 11 FST's race that event. In order to keep growing, we stayed very focused on getting as many cars as possible to specific events, i.e. when we show up, everyone remembers us.

Hopefully now that FST has nation-wide regional recognition, DC Region will start seeing a few cars at Summit Point (I'd like to go myself).

Actually, the birthplace of the FST concept was at the 2001 June Sprints over a few of these
    Bill Bonow
    "Wait, which one is the gas pedal again?"

Liked: 0

Congrat's Bill!

As you know I just purchased an Adams FV. I'll probably run FV in 08, but am seriously looking at gathering up the pieces to make the coversion to FST for 09. I have two motors that came with my car, one of which is for sale right now. Those funds will either go toward the the purchase of a trailer, or might go into the "FST Conversion Fund"

Bob Stack
    Bob Stack, Hartland, WI
    CenDiv - Milwaukee region

Contributing Member
    Liked: 5

Quote Originally Posted by John Nesbitt View Post
    Washington DC Region has included FST in its MARRS supps for the past year, without attracting a single entry, even though Summit Point is not that far from the birthplace of FST along the Great Lakes.
    I have a First that I planned to run at Summit Point this season, but had a few issues that prevented it. Also, Ed Womer has designed a Formula First car that will be ready by next season so I will definitely run a few MARRS races there next year. I hope to get Bob Tupper in one of the cars for a weekend, also.

Thread Information