Liked: 0

Default LI, NY Race Shop Break-In

Hey guys/gals,

As we were returning from a scorcher of an event at Mosport this Sunday, we received a phone call from a gentleman whom rents space in our shop (BRM Motorsports). He informed me that our shop had been broken in to. At the time, we were just entering Watertown, NY - a good 6-8 hours from the shop in Amityville on Long Island. We spent a good amount of time on the phone with our friend, as well as the police officers who arrived on the scene some time after the initial call.

Upon arriving back at the shop at 4:30am, we were finally able to witness the extent of the damage. It was obvious that the crooks' primary interest was the driving gear located in the retail showroom. Many suits, helmets and gloves were taken. Some tools were also stolen, but thankfully the bulk of our arsenal was in the trailer heading back with us. Below is an approximate inventory of what was stolen. All suits and helmets were stolen without the original packaging. The helmet boxes were left behind, as well as the suit bags which accompany any new suit. Also, the Alpinestars gloves that were stolen included one display model package with only one glove (in each color) - as the matching gloves were left on display. If anyone notices these items being offered for sale, kindly take notice and contact me via PM, as well as contacting the local authorities. Thank you all very much for reading this. I will be copying this post in the appropriate regional section. Mods, I appreciate your compassion for this cross-post.

Bell BR-1 helmets (various sizes, black and white)
    Arai GP5 helmets (various sizes, white)
    Alpinestars GP2 suits (various sizes, blue, red and silver/gray)
    Alpinestars GP Pro suits (various sizes, silver and blue)
    Alpinestars Tech-1R gloves (various sizes, black, red, and blue)
    OMP Trend 2 suits (various sizes, white)

Again, these items were stolen without original boxes/packaging (except gloves). I will update this list as more missing items come to surface.

Regards,

Christopher Conigliaro@BRM Motorsports
    Bruce R. Miller
    BRM Motorsports
    679 Albany Avenue
    Amityville, NY 11701
    631-841-1846

Contributing Member D.T. Benner's Avatar
    Liked: 2

Default Friggin Perps.

Sorry to hear about your Loss. Insurance? We will all be watching Ebay to see if anything pops up there.

Liked: 0

Below is the updated list of what was stolen. I thank you all for any assistance in finding those responsible.

Driving Suits:

OMP Trend 2: size 54, white
    size 58, white

Sparco Pro Cup 06: size 56, blue/white
    size 54, black/white
    size 58, red/white

Sparco Sponsor 6: size 54, blue/white
    size 56, red/white
    size 58, black/white

Alpinestars GP2: size 60, silver/black
    size 54, red/black
    size 52, blue/black

Alpinestars GP Pro: size 58, silver/black
    size 56, blue/black

Helmets:

HJC AR-10 (white): size XL X 1, L X 2

Bell BR1 (white): size XL X 1, L X 2, S X 1
    Bell BR1 (black): size M X 1
    Bell GTX (white): size 7 3/8 X 1, 7 1/2 X 1, 7 3/4 X 1
    Bell Mag 5(white): size 7 1/2 X 1 (visor left behind)
    Bell M4 Pro (white): size 7 1/2 X 1

Arai GP5 (white): size XL X 1

Driving gloves:

Alpinestars Tech 1-R: black, size XL X 1, L X 3, M X1
    blue, size XL X 1, L X 3, M X 1
    red, size XL X 1, L X 2

I still have to go through all of the shoes, but I don't think they got any. The boxes are all out of order, though. Again, all items were stolen without original packaging - except for the gloves.
    Bruce R. Miller
    BRM Motorsports
    679 Albany Avenue
    Amityville, NY 11701
    631-841-1846

Liked: 2

Quote Originally Posted by D.T. Benner View Post
    Sorry to hear about your Loss. Insurance? We will all be watching Ebay to see if anything pops up there.
    ...and that bastion of stolen goods, Craigslist.
    Man will race anything. It's in his blood. His Soul. He must.

Kurtis C. Shirley MacLane FV (sold), Lola T644 (sold), Murray FK1 FST (sold), Vector MG-95FF (sold), PRS 82F (sold), Lola T340... AKA PRS82F

Thread Information