Liked: 0

Default sold

sold
    Last edited by JerryM; 06.22.08 at 12:46 PM. Reason: sold

Jerry I am interested in your car. Please contact me at 619-871-1820. Are there any more pictures and what spares come with the car

Liked: 49

Sorry Henry, this car is spoken for and coming to the Northwest.

Liked: 210

Great news!! Another FC in the Northwest... whoopy!
    CREW for Jeff 89 Reynard or Flag & Comm.

Brad did you buy it? If not who did?

Cheers
    Kyle

Brad is this your new ride? If so, what did you do with the Swift?

Default Another FC NW bound as well !

Quote Originally Posted by rickb99 View Post
    Great news!! Another FC in the Northwest... whoopy!
    I just got an FC RF 94/96. So there is even an additional FC heading for the Vancouver/Seattle/Tacoma/Portland area.
    Steve L.

Liked: 210

That's just GREAT, Steven! Only a year ago when Jeff was considering an FC car, it looked like he would be the 'long ranger' in one here with an occasional out of towner showing up. Now, if not a herd at least we'll have a gaggle of them to paddock and talk with.
    CREW for Jeff 89 Reynard or Flag & Comm.

Liked: 13

I want to know too, Brad, did you buy this '93 FC?
    Good news if it's so. The FC group is growing in the NW.
    All we need now is for Kyle to cancel his F1000 order, and for Allan L to sell his Swift FF, and both of them to get into a FC, and we'll have a NW F2000 series !!!
    Cheers, Michael

FYI Brad did buy this car. Nice car Brad congrats.

Liked: 3

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Lensen View Post
    and we'll have a NW F2000 series !!!
    Cheers, Michael
    k

sorry Hi-jack

hey guy's, between all of you in B.C and us in the prairies we could have a great time at race city (Calgary,AB)

we have 14-16 cars+......i would love to see a 25+ car grid this summer of F2000's.

who's in?

see ya
    gord

www.blurredvisionracing.com
    later Gord
    BTW...only toilets need doors
    www.blurredvisionracing.com

I would go if we can be the pre race for Champ Car in Edmonton.
    Michael i think i am going to stick with FB and wait for the rest of you to convert your FC's to FB's. should be long now before FB is the leading open wheel class on the wet coast.

Cheers
    Kyle

Yes, I bought the 93. I didn't really fit well in the Swift and my favorite car was always my 90 VD FF. This looks like a nice, original, unmolested car and should be on the same lap as Micheals' new car!

Congrats Brad, I am glad to see the FC class here in the NW grow leaps and bounds all of a sudden.
    I spoke with Gord Leach a little while ago, and he tells me there's a good size group of FC's in his area. Different makes, different ages. Wouldn't it be great if we could get together for at least one race somewhere in the middle, say Calgary, and have 25 cars?
    You're right Kyle, joining the Indy race in Edmonton would be fantastic, but knowing the Indy organizers they will likely say "too many open wheels cars before the Big race" That's why, in Vancouver, they attracted our SCCBC sedans as well as the Cascars series to be the supporting races. But yes I'll go!!
    With more FC's around here we need to convince Felim Power (and I know he secretly reads this site after his wife goes to bed!!) to make the CFDA series a series for FC's / FB's. Or call it CFDA2 or CFDA-FC. I vote to harass Felim till he gives in, I know I do my "daily" share.
    So I count local FC's as being: Brad's '93, Mark Belling's '98, Dallimore's '96, Tim's '89?, Rob Meyering's '90, Steve L (WA) '94, Rick B (WA) ??, and my '98, and then the FB's of Kyle and Nicolas. Am I missing anyone?
    What a development !!!!
    Cheers, Michael

Default Don't leave out Gregg

Gregg Coffin's Swift DB-3 was present at at least one Conference event and several SCCA regionals last year...and hopefully this will start the firestorm it did last time and give the forum some good old fashioned wintertime conflict, but if we could convince Randy Keen to fuel inject his carbuerated Vector Zetec we could add one more to the fold, but I suspect it would be hard to talk him down from the 180+hp monster he's piloting right now...

Michael

There has got to be a way to handycap FC and FB cars to run with the FF/CF cars in Mission to run a huge CFDA race series in 2008. Perhaps we handicap by putting the FC and FB groups back a lap or 2 or 3 or more to give the 1600's a fair shot?

Lets get with Felim and discuss.

Cheers
    Kyle
    ps saw you out of the corner of my eye walking with your beautiful wife down 110th today.

Contributing Member rick payne_75's Avatar
    Liked: 112

start a 2000 series and I will put a 2 litre in my Crossle

Rock On, Rick!!!Now we're getting somewhere...

Rick
    Aren't you supposed to be painting your house. Get back to work so the house is ready for the wedding!
    Kyle

....and be ready before racing starts.
    Wedding ????????????????????? Ricky !!!!!! Jeeeeez!!
    Will racing last after marriage .... sorry, I meant will marriage last through the racing seasonSS?
    Aaaaanyway, congrats Rick.
    Michael

Contributing Member rick payne_75's Avatar
    Liked: 112

Racing has always been first priority. Hope she doesnt read this. LOL So is it true that being married makes your balls shrink. So therefore slows you down? If so Im bailing now.

Default Moving out

Car is moving out Feb. 1. I hope you enjoy the ride Brad!!

Does anyone know the seller of this car? I'm having real problems getting the spares that were promised with the car. I paid full asking price 4 months ago and have only been given excuses as to why the spares can't be sent. Please PM me if you know this guy.
    Thanks.

Contributing Member Nicholas Belling's Avatar
    Liked: 1

Default Brad I feel for you.

Sucks to get burned on a deal.. such a small world in the open wheel crowd.. I tell you something.. it definetly doesnt go unnoticed..

If there is any way I can help brad let me know..
    Nicholas Belling
    email@nicholasbelling.com
    Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

Liked: 502

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Smith View Post
    Does anyone know the seller of this car? I'm having real problems getting the spares that were promised with the car. I paid full asking price 4 months ago and have only been given excuses as to why the spares can't be sent. Please PM me if you know this guy.
    Thanks.
    Maybe go to where you picked up the car, and take him out for a "beer." If you don't have one, I'll loan you my "torque" wrench.

Unfortunately a lot of miles to Ohio from here. One of the pitfalls of long distance buying is not meeting or knowing the seller. I don't think he is trying to rip me off, but heh, you pay for something, you expect it to arrive in a reasonable time. I try to operate that way and I offer full refunds if someone expresses disatisfaction with something. A very nice fellow in Minnesota brought the car out to the west coast for me. I'm hoping someone local knows this Jerry and can help him send the spares out.

Default Clarification

To all of you "dick heads" out there. The guy who owned this car is paralyzed from the neck down. I let brad know that I have been trying to get in the shop, and have not been able to get access to it. I have sent Brad my driving gear, and gave him a nose for the car, and he did receive the wheel set with rains. They are worth much more than the spares he didn't receive. He was also sent the gentlemans phone number who had the shop.

Contributing Member Nicholas Belling's Avatar
    Liked: 1

Default Jerry,

Putting ones illness into the equation of guilt from a sale of ones car can not be brads fault. It is far from fair to put that on him or any member on this board for listening and voicing.. I can only assume a deal was made with timelines in place for delivery of ALL goods promised after full payment was received. Was this not the case ??

Wouldnt it be your obligation since you posted the car for sale and I assume Brad made the deal with you to follow through rightfully on how the deal was made. Unless it was made clear at initial conversations of the sale of how hard or impossible it would be to fullfill / facilitate the car sale and spares. But this doesnt seem so. And you should have posted rightfully if you where aware of how things might unfold upon a sale.

The fact that you say what you sent him is worth more than the spares he should have received scares me if I was the buyer.

Myself and many other people have known and had good dealings with brad for a long time. He is an honest and trustworthy individual. you guys should sort things out from the perspective of how the deal was arranged and payed for not based upon excuses and runarounds of why or why not items where not as advertised or supplied.

Hope everything works out and we can see a post from brad on here at sometime.
    Nicholas Belling
    email@nicholasbelling.com
    Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

Liked: 553

Quote Originally Posted by JerryM View Post
    To all of you "dick heads" out there. <snip>
    Not sure who you're addressing, but your post is probably very comforting to them.

Racer Russ
    Palm Coast, FL

Contributing Member Steve Demeter's Avatar
    Liked: 917

Hey Nicholass,
    read Brad's post.

Jerry is trying to get the stuff to him and he does not think he is being ripped off.

There are circumstances that make it difficult to get the spares out. Like he can not get access to them.

so I think you owe everyone on the board an apology.

Well, there are alot of things to be said about this deal. My concerns relate to length of time to get the deal completed, now going on 5 months after full payment of full asking price and lack of communication from the seller. For instance, this is the first I've heard that anything has been sent me to make up the promised spares package. This is the first I've heard that Jerry was not the owner of the car when it was sold to me. So, Jerry, has anything been sent to me? Why not answer my emails about it?

Not sure who the "********s out there" are. I'm guessing there are none. Nicholas has nothing to apologize for.

Brad,

I sent you my racing gear via FedEx. I sent the tracking number to your personal email. I didn't want to hassle my friend due to his illness, and I'd rather give up my personal gear. I hope this settles things. I truly didn't want this to turn out this way. If in the future I can obtain the spares, I'll get them out to you, and you can keep the gear for all the trouble you have had.

Jerry

Quote Originally Posted by JerryM View Post
    Brad,

I sent you my racing gear via FedEx. I sent the tracking number to your personal email. I didn't want to hassle my friend due to his illness, and I'd rather give up my personal gear. I hope this settles things. I truly didn't want this to turn out this way. If in the future I can obtain the spares, I'll get them out to you, and you can keep the gear for all the trouble you have had.

Jerry
    Brad can keep your second hand gear in lieu of the spares he was promised after he paid you in full 5 months ago? Wow, what a deal - for you!

Thread Information