Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 492

Default F2000 Championship Series schedule adjustment

2008 SCHEDULE ADJUSTMENT

Due to the recent consolidation of the Indy Racing League and the Champ Car World Series the Grand Prix of Cleveland has been cancelled for 2008.

With the timing of this necessary development the F2000 Championship Series, along with many other support series, has been required to attempt to schedule a suitable replacement event in order to keep the series at it's announced seven [7] double race weekends [14 races].

While it is understood the Grand Prix of Cleveland was a popular event and arguably the most visible event scheduled for F2000 for 2008, it is felt the solution will be well received by all entrants and competitors.

The replacement is a spectator event at a popular track that had been missing from the 2008 schedule due to circumstances beyond our control.

We are pleased to announce we have arranged to run at Watkins Glen International on the Historic Sportscar Racing [HSR] weekend of June 13-15.
    This is a well attended historic racing event and we have been able to schedule our usual sessions. The minute to minute daily schedule is not available at this time but we will have two [2] 30 minute windows of track time each day Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Friday will be two timed practice sessions, then both Saturday and Sunday will feature one 30 minute qualifying session and one 30 minute race window.

We have further arranged two 30 minute sessions on Thursday June 12 at a cost to be determined.

Liked: 0

Default Nice work

Although i think we all agree that loosing the Cleveland event was a huge disappointment, i want to thank the series for finding what has to of been the best possible solution. This will be a great event.

Liked: 14

hell i think the Glen race is far better anyways. I could care less who we race with. The idea is to get a good schedule with quality track time.
    Kevin Firlein Autosport,Inc.
    Runoffs 1 Gold 3 Silver 3 bronze, 8 Divisional , 6 Regional Champs , 3x Drivers of the year awards

Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 492

bump, so everyone can see it, DK, thanks.

Liked: 96

I was looking forward to the Cleveland Circus, but melt-in-your-mouth steak and a nice merlot at Glenora sounds great...

Good job arranging a replacement date, Mike!
    "I love the smell of race fuel in the morning. It smells like victory!"
    Barry Wilcock
    Pit Crew: Tumenas Motorsports/Houndspeed, Fat Boy Racing

Liked: 3322

Great job!
    Dave Weitzenhof

Contributing Member ric baribeault's Avatar
    Liked: 258

mike..... excellent job and rebound...as well as the ever sententious elocutionist. however, in medicine "consolidation" is a nice way of saying bowel obstruction.

Liked: 0

Its a shame Cleveland got canceled it was an awesome event but I'm glad we get to go to the glen
    Thanks Mike!
    Phil J.R.

"just becasue you can breathe dosen't mean your alive"

Thread Information