Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 492

Default F2000 and Hoosier Tire announce partnership

For Immediate Release

Sharon, CT Nov. 21-

The F2000 Championship Series is pleased today to announce a three year partnership with the Hoosier Racing Tire Corp. The largest race tire manufacturer in the world now joins the ever popular F2000 Championship Series that boasts the largest formula car fields in the country. “We are very pleased to welcome Hoosier Tires as our partner and presenting sponsor,” stated Michael Rand, F2000 Managing Director. “As our series has developed, it is obvious we have created an environment where drivers, engineers, mechanics and team owners can enjoy their racing in a competitive arena. This relationship with Hoosier Tire will do nothing but add to that. The long term stability of this agreement offers a plus to everyone from the entrants and competitors to Hoosier Tire and the series organizers.”

“We, at Hoosier, are very excited about the upcoming relationship with the F2000 Championship Series. The series has already grown to championship proportions,” commented Bruce Foss, Road Racing Product Manager for Hoosier Racing. “Under the new agreement, further success is imminent. The series is a natural fit for Hoosier since we have known and worked with most of the competitors previously. This is an American tire for an American made series.”

The Hoosier Racing Tire Corp., now in their 60th year, has a winning tradition on the race track. They have wins at the famed Daytona Motor Speedway in the Daytona 500 and the Rolex 24 Hour race. It was Hoosier Tire that took the pole at the Inaugural running of the Brickyard 400 at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. When Tony Stewart became the first driver to win the Triple Crown of USAC, he was racing on Hoosier Tires. Most recently, the ARCA Series which races on Hoosier Tires welcomed American F1 driver Scott Speed and Indy Car Champion Dario Franchitti, two drivers who cut their racing teeth in open wheel series similar to the F2000 Championship Series.

The new series name will be the F2000 Championship Series presented by Hoosier Tire. A new schedule for the 2008 season will be released in the coming month and it will continued to boast some of the top racing circuits in North America. For more information on the F2000 Championship Series presented by Hoosier Tire, visit www.f2000championshipseries.com. For race event sponsorship packages, contact the BMS Group by visiting www.burrismotosport.com.
    Media Contact:
    Ken Burris
    BMS Group
    Tel: 336.215.1451

Liked: 14

Definitely a plus for the series. Hoosiers presense should help the series be able to grow even further

Todd and the crew at Frisby should be thanked for their support in the 1st 2 season
    Kevin Firlein Autosport,Inc.
    Runoffs 1 Gold 3 Silver 3 bronze, 8 Divisional , 6 Regional Champs , 3x Drivers of the year awards

Liked: 0

Nice move, guys. Hoosier was our spec tire when we started the USF2000 series, and they did an excellent job. Good company, good people, good product. Hopefully Foss will be at the events so we can bust him a bit...

Default Does that mean.............

................. the series has gone PURPLE????

Crap,..... that Frog guy is gonna be swimmin' in some serious purple glory now for sure!!

Peace
    HardRock Motorsport

Liked: 64

I am also very pleased to see Hoosier Tires envolvment in this series I think it is a BIG PLUS.I tested the Hoosier Radial and I believe everyone will be very pleased with it.I am also glad to see an American Tire manufactuer was the choice by the series.Good Luck to all.
    Tim Minor FC 88
    Tim Minor

Default wheel sizes for 2008 and tires?

Does this mean that 6&8s are allowed in the series or are 8&10s required?

Is the Hoosier tire for the series going to be different than for regular SCCA events?

If so, are they going to be 'spec' for the series?

TIA

Contributing Member
    Liked: 863

The Series will be on 6"/8" rims only starting this year. It ended up being one too many variables to have both 6/8s and 8/10s legal, reguardless of the restrictions.

The 2008 rules package will be posted on the Series web site ( http://f2000series.com ) within a week or so, as will (hopefully) the 2008 schedule.

The tire will be a radial and the R35A compound. Tim Minor tested them last year, and by the start of the season we hope to have some additional base line info from Florida testing this winter.
    ----------
    In memory of Joe Stimola and Glenn Phillips

Liked: 14

Bob do you have the product code number so we can get tires ordered for testing ?
    Kevin Firlein Autosport,Inc.
    Runoffs 1 Gold 3 Silver 3 bronze, 8 Divisional , 6 Regional Champs , 3x Drivers of the year awards

Liked: 106

Default Curious

Do the rains match the drys diameters? Or is that a non issue with their radial as opposed to the now solved bias front tire difference they previously had.

Contributing Member
    Liked: 863

Kevin- We'll get contact info at Hoosier for everyone before next week- I know they're making a batch for Florida testing right now.

Phil- I don't know, but we'll find out- these are radials, not the bias tires everyone is used to.
    ----------
    In memory of Joe Stimola and Glenn Phillips

Liked: 64

The Dry & Wet Tires will be the same and the rains will have Hoosier Wet compound and will be a grooved tire according to Bruce Foss.
    Tim Minor FC 88
    Tim Minor

This is a welcome step forward for the series. The F2000 championship series was started by racers for racers and it's only fitting that the tire supplier be a company who's comminted to making racing tires and promoting the sport. Hoosier's long term commitment (by racing standards) gives the competitors, teams and series owners some statbility and one less thing to worry about year-to-year.

Many thanks to Bruce, Mike, Al and Bob for making this deal happen!

That said, thanks must also go to Hannkook and the great guys at Frisby Tire for taking a chance on the seires and giving us a durable, cost effective tire. I'm sure all of us in the series wish them the best of luck in their future racing pursuits.

Tom Fatur

Default Thanks from Todd Swift

Thanks for the kind words, I'll miss seeing you guys. It was a pleasure to work with such fun group and I have to say this, because racers are the biggest cry babies I've ever been around, you guys were all adults in the way you presented yourselves at the events. I never had anyone give a ration of Sh#$ over anything. (well except Foshie but goes without saying, right? ) It is pleasure to get to know so many great people and I hope our paths will cross again. That said....

I guess I got out of the race tire business in time. I'm no longer with Frisby, I moved on to go to work with my dad in the Trade Show Exhibit industry. So, if anyone needs some trades show booths or custom aluminum pieces give me a call or drop me a line. We have 3 Vertical CNC mills, 20 foot plasma table, CNC lathe, presses and punches. Give me an autocad drawing and we can do it.

Ok enough promotion. I'll be at PRI so I hope to run into some of you guys. I can be reached at

todd@themetalshopp.com or 815.301.6340 work.

Again, good luck to all and stay safe. I sure hope they don't rake you guys over the coals with the price of the tires. I'll be curious to see the posts when they get to bitching about the wear on the H Dogs.

Later.
    www.frisbyracetire.com
    Chicago, Las Vegas
    Avon, Hoosier, Goodyear

Thread Information