Liked: 0

Default Finding a local shop NY metro area

I'm looking to get into FSCCA (FE) and will be renting a car for SCCA race school in October. I'd also like to find a good local race shop to work with once I get ready to buy (and maintain) a car.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

-Ross
    2002 VD zetec

Contributing Member Lee Shumosic's Avatar

Default MoDy

Call Shawn at Motion Dynamics 603.447.3543 Not exactly in the NY metro area but awsome support and knowledge

Lee
    LJS Motorsports

I will be renting from motiondynamics in october, so I will definitely get a chance to get to know them then... but I was hoping there would be someone closer...
    2002 VD zetec

Hi Ross

Another NYC racer. Hope to see you at the track. I sent you a PM with some ideas.

Regards,
    GregoryJ

Default not quite a shop....

Hi I am Stephen & I am not a pro shop, but a hobby mechanic like you hobby drivers. I have been prepping formula cars since the late 80's & enjoy helping guys that are getting started. If you want any help just reach out I live in Yonkers just north of the Bronx.
    Stephen

Hard at Play Racing
    Crewing at it's Best!
    Hemmingway Said "the only true SPORTS are Bull Fighting, Mountain climbing & Auto Racing, Everything else is just a game."

Liked: 157

Ross,

You should give Bruce Miller at BRM Racing a call. Bruce is in Amityville on Long Island. He and his shop have run every type of Formula car out there, including F-BMW, Atlantics, Formula Renault and several F-1 vintage cars. He has a beautiful race shop and race hauler and can provide whatever level of support you might need. Here is his contact info.

Bruce R. Miller
    BRM Motorsports
    679 Albany Avenue
    Amityville, NY 11701
    631-841-18

Take care.

Tom

Thread Information