Senior Member Bruce Allen FSCCA #82's Avatar
    Liked: 3

Default Pocono Double National and Zamborsky

Steve,
    My condolences for the major wreck on Sunday at Pocono in Turn 1. I was 200 yards behind you and saw the car disintegrate as you hit the gully and flew 20 feet in the air with all body parts flying in every direction. I am glad you were not hurt.
    Did you get punted or just drive wide into turn 1?
    I hope you will be back.
    Bruce, the "Greased Shadow"

Liked: 9

Default Pocono Nat'l - My Apologies to my open wheeled brethren

Bruce,

Thanks for your thoughts. Don't worry, I'll be back. It just may take a little time; and a bunch of money. As the title indicates, I still feel really bad for creating the stoppage to the race. I realize that there were many hard fought battles being waged. I am sorry for not only disrupting them but also altering the them in any way. To all, please accept apologies for my mistake.

I was just pressing too hard to try and catch up to Justin and Mathew. They took off and I got stuck behind some traffic. Man, are those guys fast! They were hooked up and gone. I thought trimming the car out would help me but, it really didn't. After I got clear, I thought I could make up some time. (Yeah, not so much. There is alot of self deception that goes on in that cockpit.) When I got an opportunity to look at their times, I was nowhere close. Thus, breaking late into turn one really did not help matters. Then again, the old tires on the car and the barrier in front of me really didn't help either. Nevertheless, each time we go out, we learn something new. That's why we race. (That and it's whole lot of fun. )

I am hopeful to get the car back together soon but, who knows. It's going to take a bunch of parts. All I know is that it's not cheap. With any luck I can get it together for Atlanta but I don't know yet. It was really great racing with everyone there. 6 to 7 FE's is a pretty good turn out. Not to mention the fact that everyone raced really clean throughout both days. Justin, Matthew, Mark, Ian, Bruce and Keith - Thanks for letting me play.

As for me, I am fine. Though, I can not say enough about the safety equipment that we are required (or should be required) to wear. Specifically,

1) EVERYONE should have and use a HANS device. It works. Really!

2) My helmet did exactly what it was supposed to do. Then again, it's use is now relegated to "paperweight with crack in it" but, so be it. Bell makes a great helmet.

On another note, Corner workers are invaluable. Moreover, they all have nerves of steel! (Sorry ladies and gentleman workers. If I could have kept it on the track I would have. )
    Thanks for helping me.

Only time will tell but, keep your fingers crossed. Hopefully Enterprises has all the parts and the price for those parts has decreased a little. (Please, please, please )

All the best,

Steve

Liked: 0

It was a blast racing at Pocono! Too bad my SRF had a terrible miss or I think I would have had a top-3 car easy. First time being there, I was surprised at how tricky the infield actually was. The turns were crowned in the middle and if you want to far out, you went off roading. ANd when I say off-roading, I mean it. Pocono has huge ditches where I saw a few cars get at least three feet of air. Wasn't impressed with the paddock. I guess I was expecting more from a NNCS track. But anyways, a lot of fun.
    Steve sorry about the wreck but as we all know, cars can be replaced! Its good to hear that you are okay.
    Justin Huffman and I were able to put on a pretty good race. I got by a very slow Atlantic (making a risky pass in the process) and he got stuck behind him and it ended up costing him a shot at me in the end!

Hope to see everyone at the ARRC!!!
    Matthew Inge
    Matthew Inge
    http://www.MatthewIngeRacing.com
    Never Forget VT 4-16-2007

Thread Information