Liked: 5

Default Stohr F1000 wins VIR National

Congratulations to Ken Tyrrell for winning FB during his first visit to VIR! Ken qualified 10th out of 32 in the group with a 1:55.9, only DSRs, FAs, and one CSR ahead. He ran a flawless race with a fast lap of 1:56.001. It was HOT, especially on the test day, probably the warmest I've experienced. The humidity went away on Sat/Sun and it was more tolerable. Don Sievenpiper & Tom Schwietz were there with the Piper FB, continuing its development. Lots of interest in both FBs at impound. Good show Ken!

Craig Vogeley
    SCNA
    Last edited by cvogeley; 08.14.07 at 9:49 AM.
    Craig Vogeley

Liked: 0

Congrats Ken. Are you sure you want to sell that car?!?
    Ian MacLeod
    "Happy Hour: 5:00 - 5:30"
    Tatuus F1k

Liked: 59

Nice win Ken! And it wasnt much cooler in Sebring, Craig. Your brother Bill did a super job supporting me in unbelievable heat. I think I lost 10 lbs in three days and all drivers and crews were relieved the track scales werent working Sunday afternoon.

Anyway, should be cooler there Labor Day.... I hope.

Congrats on your success at VIR.

bill

Default NICE!!

Way to go Ken. Nice track to do it on too.... and on your first trip there
    Peace
    HardRock Motorsport

Liked: 12

Default Sebring Heat

I found the weather rather nice and refreshing much like the summers in Burma where i spent my youth.

Default Nice Job

Nice job Ken and Stohr Cars North America. It sounds like the car, crew, and driver weathered the heat pretty well. I can't imagine it actually being hotter than down here in Texas, it must be global warming. I hope you decide to participate in the ARRC if the car doesn't sell.

Jeff Dinges
    The Motorsports Group
    www.tmgracer.com

Yeah, I'm having second thoughts on selling the car...maybe after the ARRC...maybe after '08. VIR was a blast. I still never got the oak tree turn down and I'm sure I could have done turn three a lot better, too. All in all, though, great time. What a blast that track was! The heat was pretty severe on Friday, but August in Tallahassee is no picnic either, so I guess I'm kind of used to the heat.

Thanks to 10 Tenths for all the help. Thanks, too to everyone for the congratulations! Maybe one more regional race before ARRC; otherwise, see everyone in November.

Ken

Thread Information