Senior Member Bruce Allen FSCCA #82's Avatar
    Liked: 3

Default Watkins Glen National yesterday

What a disaster! With 65 cars that qualified for the race even a 3.4 mile track was crowded. Looking at the other race groups, the solution was obvious: get the Sports Racers out of the open wheel class. Entries were about 50-50. Qualifying was difficult to get a decent lap due to traffic. Lap times varied from 1:45 (Atlantic) to 2:45 (CSR). The race only had 2 or 3 laps in the green due to the many spins--- even under the double yellow! The first spin of a sports racer in the Bus Stop in front of me in the first lap caused a double yellow through half the race while they figured out if they had a wrecker and a key to the fence (I am guessing) to tow the dead SR off the track.
    All 7 FEs survived and congrats to the winner, Justin Huffman who turned a 1:57 best lap!
    Bruce, the "Greased Shadow"

Liked: 126

Boy am I glad I didn't go! When I saw the car count for our group, I registered for Pig Roast.

I assume you're doing the LRP National next?

Senior Member Bruce Allen FSCCA #82's Avatar
    Liked: 3

Quote Originally Posted by RobLav View Post
    Boy am I glad I didn't go! When I saw the car count for our group, I registered for Pig Roast.

I assume you're doing the LRP National next?
    Yup...
    Bruce, the "Greased Shadow"

Liked: 0

I was there at the Glen helping out a friend in the FF group and took some photos of the FC, FE, FM, FA, S2, DSR, CSR (not sure if I missed any classes, there were so many types in that grouping). I thought I would post a link to the photos I took for people to look through.

-Carolyn

http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=uqbzjx1.adoklwap&x=0&y=-56rvj6

Liked: 11

Thanks Bruce. Unfortunately due to the ridiculous "race" I didn't manage a fast race lap- best in the race was a 1:59.1, so the track record will be easy for someone to beat. Hopefully next year will get at least half the race distance at race speed.

Justin

Liked: 0

As an outsider looking in, why wouldn't they split up the field?

Liked: 4

Default Carolyn/Great Pic's

Carolyn, Thanks for sharing your Great Photo's
    F.W. Schroeder, 6th

Thread Information